Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow Rest

Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow Rest

I am thinking of getting a new arrow rest. Of these two which would you chose and why?....trophy ridge whisker biscuit..octane hostage...Thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't had any exp with the Hostage but I have with the WB. Although the WB is OK, I prefer and shoot much better with a drop away rest. The WB is tough on vanes.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

I have a whicker bicuit on mine and my wife has the hostage and both work well. The hostage is a little harder to "seat" the arrow because the bristles are stiff but it holds the arrow very well. The hostage also looks like it will hold up better as the arrow vanes do not pass through the brushes like the WB.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I used a whisker biscuit last year and had no complaints except for after a lot of shooting you will see wear on your vanes from the contact. I just a trophy ridge revolution and love it! I would check it out especially since it is only $50!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Whiskers bisquit will eventually mess up your vanes and the hostage brushes wear out quickly. Buy a ripcord and you will be much happier. If I had to choose between the 2 then i would go with the bisquit.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

whisker biscuit with blazer vanes. simple, reliable, blazer vanes will be fine, won't get torn up like other vanes will.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Spike

I would second the ripcord, I just got one awhile back. Was shooting a WB for ever and I liked it, but I like the rip cord quite a bit more.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies..I still havn't decided yet.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd stay away from full capture rests all together. Fall-away rests are easier to tune, don't rob you of speed, and are every bit as reliable as a WB or Hostage.

QAD Ultra rest is FANTASTIC, love love love that rest on my LH Mathews Monster. Think it's around $80-120, depending on whether you get the camo version or black.

I also love the Ripcord Red Zone on my RH Bowtech Destroyer 350. It's $80 or $90.

Only difference I favor the QAD Ultra over the Red Zone for is that the Ultra is inertial release, so if I draw and let down, it stays locked and my arrow stays captured. The red zone is a positional lock. Once you pull back, it unlocks, so if you let down, it will fall. That's a catch 22, as I feel the Ripcord is a faster rest, so it gets out of the way of the arrow faster than the QAD, but it's also nice being able to let down without my rest dropping.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

QAD all the way................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.