Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 UNBELIEVABLE PRICE!!!! >

UNBELIEVABLE PRICE!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

UNBELIEVABLE PRICE!!!!

Old 09-08-2003, 06:38 PM

Default UNBELIEVABLE PRICE!!!!

i went to a local archery shop this weekend to buy another dozen of arrows before season starts.. I shoot GT 3555 XT' s.. not a very expensive arrow compared to others.. well I bought some from the same archery shop about 6months ago and I payed like $65 for them.. well I went to look at prices... $95 for a dozen!!!! I told the lady.. " you went up on arrows huh?" she said " no actually weve come down!" I said no you havent I bought some here 6 months ago and they were $65.. she said " well prices DO go up." i didnt say anything else and just went and shot my 3d course.. THere is no way that is justifiable to go up $35 dollars for arrows.. people are getting ripped!!! a half a dozen was close to $65.. I will never buy anything else from them..
Old 09-23-2003, 08:51 PM

Default RE: UNBELIEVABLE PRICE!!!!

I wouldn' t buy anything else from them either. I am lucky to have a good pro shop in my area but I still shop around. If I can find a better deal over the internet , Cabela, BassPro, ect, then thats were I buy from. I realize the local dealer needs to make a living and if he is even close, a couple of dollars I will buy from him. I was going to buy some GolgTip XTs from him but he wanted $90 a dozen and I found them at Mountain Archery.com for $69.99 including shipping. Guess who got my buissness, and I saved $20.00.
Don' t get me wrong I rely on my local proShop for a lot of things and he gets alot of my money but it pays to shop around.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:07 AM

Don' t feel bad the guy at my local shop was selling GT hunters for $8.00 a piece.[]

CB
Old 09-24-2003, 05:58 AM

$65 a dozen for GT XTs is probably a little low to be making much money. I can understand an increase to the $70-80 range, but all the way to $95 is definitely going to alienate most customers.
Old 09-24-2003, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Though not necessarily related to the GTs in particular I did have a similiar incident happen with another brand of ICS carbon recently. A customer apparently came in on one of the days I was not working and left his bow to get a tune-up, new string etc... The shop worker that took the order wrote down something on the order form regarding the particular carbon he was using.....though the actual reason for writing this was somewhat ambiguous I took it to mean that he wanted a half dozen of that particular arrow.

After cutting some to length and finishing his bow I called him to let him know it was done. I asked about the arrows and found out that though he did not intend to buy any at that time initially, he changed his mind when the cost came into play. Apparently, he had paid a substantial amount more for the same arrows from wherever he had bought them before. To be honest with you, I was a little shocked when he quoted the price he paid by the dozen. The arrows in question were nothing special and yet he was paying ACC level prices for them.

Sometimes it is not necessarily about it being a comparison between different shops or a large mail order chain and a small shop but rather that some folks just do not know any better.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I' m looking at buying locally, I go to a couple of websites and check their prices. At the shop, I' m willing to pay (internet price + shipping) + a small premium (say 5% or so) for convenience and service.

I' ve got an internet price on XT' s at $69.95. 69.95 + 8.95 for shipping, that' s 78.90. Add 5% and that' s right at $83. That' s more than a fair price for XT' s, IMO, and most local shops around here do better than that.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:31 AM

I' m shooting the GT Series 22, the green label +or- .003" . I pays $68.00 per dozen. It' s actually a target arrow but I hunt with them and have had great luck. I love them, their 22/64' s dia., they use " off the shelf" internal components like inserts and nock sets. The bigger dia helps clearance on " shoot through" type rests, allows for components like nocks and broadheads to fit " flush" with out hanging over the edges and I have found the arrow to be slightly more durable than their hunting versions. IMO, if not all around better, the Series 22 is at least equal to the GT hunting arrows. So if those prices continue to climb then try out the GT Series 22 for $68.00.

Toby
Old 09-24-2003, 11:27 AM

A few month ago, I bought a dozen gold tip xt 5575 camo, from Mountain Archery for $45.00. They were on clearance. You should check around before spending that kind of money for gold tips. Also check e-bay.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The local shop here want $89.99 for a 5 pin Trophy Ridge Flatliner.. $50 in Cabelas' !! [][X(][:' (]
Old 09-24-2003, 03:03 PM

I also got GT XT' s from Ebay. The maker of the arrow was Mountain Archery and I paid $53, with shipping it was less than $60.
Polack

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE PRICE!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.