Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

pin question

Old 08-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default pin question

This is only my second season bow hunting and I was wondering if its possible for your pins to move after the bow has been put away after the season? I don't think that my foarm has changed but my 20 yd. pin is hitting about 5 inches high. I was going to move it but wanted to hear what everyone thought. I hung the bow up in my room and know that nothing has touched it.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

String stretch could do it especially if it is a single cam bow.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

x2 on what HD said. Check your bow's specs for axle to axle distance and then measure. More than likely your ATA distance has increased due to string or cable (or both) stretch. A simple fix if your string isn't worn is to take it to a shop and have them put some twists in it to bring it back to spec.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
x2 on what HD said. Check your bow's specs for axle to axle distance and then measure. More than likely your ATA distance has increased due to string or cable (or both) stretch. A simple fix if your string isn't worn is to take it to a shop and have them put some twists in it to bring it back to spec.
Good suggestions except for one thing. If you hadn't measured things when the bow was new then you don't know if they've changed or not.

The suggestion to get the bow in spec I'll agree with. Then retune and resight the bow. Measure everything and record it for future reference.

Another educated guess is that since the bow has been hanging all this time and you haven't shot it then probably your form is different from last year. It pays to shoot all year long to keep your body in tune, too.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. The only thing that confusses me is that the 30 and 40 yd pins are still perfect. Think I will take it to the shop just in case. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Just resight the 20...
Old 08-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Smile

Originally Posted by Alex G.
Just resight the 20...
You were right Alex. I just got back from the shop and everything was fine including my form. Being new to this I just wanted some more experienced opinions. Thanks for all of your suggestions.