Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How often to you wax your bow string? >

How often to you wax your bow string?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How often to you wax your bow string?

Old 09-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How often to you wax your bow string?

Winners Choice does make very good strings and yes fuzzing is the main reason for waxing a string.

What they don' t mention is accuracy and when over waxing a string,consistancy of the string is compromised.This is a non factor for hunting and for most 3-d shooting,untill you get into extreme 3-d ranges and going for 12 rings.Really become an issue at extreme yardages such as 70 meters or 90 meters.

Like I said,I know this is against the grain but when a world class builder of strings and tuner of bows tells me that waxing a string too much does affect the consistancy of the string.I tend to listen,especially after shooting a bow that he has tuned and built the strings for.

For the record,I don' t expect too many to completely stop waxing their strings because I said so. If you feel that it is necessary then by all means,continue waxing. I will continue to wax about twice a year.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:00 PM

Default RE: How often to you wax your bow string?

About once a month, lightly.