Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How should I " interpret"  this ???? >

How should I " interpret" this ????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

How should I " interpret" this ????

Old 08-29-2003, 10:58 PM

Default How should I " interpret" this ????

WOW,,,I mean what the heck !.I just got back from the club,after shooting a friends bow.He wanted me to set it up with a WB rest,and paper tune it.Well,I must say,not too shabby.The bow is an ULTRA MAX, with a 28" draw.I draw 27" with a loop,but this bow is being shot off the string,so 28 felt good.The 80% felt REAL good as well.The bow shot pretty darn good when I got it all set up.VERY FAST with the 394grn.Beman.Alot more hand shock than I' m used to with my SQ2,but this bow is a little behind in that department.
How come it shot so good ??.Through paper,good.Down range,fast and HARD HITTING.Off the string,NO problem that I could see.Oh ya' the BH on this bow is only 6" .Still, I could' nt see what the " big tabo" with this " radical" bow was/is []
I' m thinking BLACK MAX 2,,,GO for it [:-]
Old 08-31-2003, 07:35 PM

Default RE: How should I " interpret" this ????

With good form....all those unforgiving attributes don' t mean much...congrads on YOUR good shooting...hopefully your friend shoots as well.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:59 PM

Droptine:

I think Mahly hit it on the head. If you have good form the " radicals" aren' t bad to shoot, but put that bow in a rookie' s hand and he would probably feel a little different. That 6" BH would tear up his bow arm!

Every bow is going to seem likes it kicks after owning the SQ2

Dan
Old 08-31-2003, 09:22 PM

Hey guys,I took my friends ULTRA MAX down to the shop on Sat.,just to see what speed it' s getting.It seemed faster than my SQ2,,but the chrony told OTHERWISE.My bow is getting 266 with a 386 grn. beman.My draw is 27" , and 72lbs.My BH is 8" ,not the 8 1/2" the company claims.Now, my friends bow shot 263, at 28" and 70 lbs.His bemans weigh in @ 404 grn.The bow only has a 6" BH.I thought it would be much faster than mine.I' m thinking the cam timing is off,,although I can' t see it by eye.I don' t know what the optimal timing is for that cam.I E-mailed Mathews,so hopefully they will get back to me,SOON.