Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Slick trick broadheads >

Slick trick broadheads

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Slick trick broadheads

Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Slick trick broadheads

Been doing some online looking at broadheads and Slick tricks seems like a pretty good broad head, was wondering if everybody thoughts on them. Was looking at the Razor trick model.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

The slick tricks are great flying broadheads and worth the money. I don't think you can go wrong with them. I used the razortricks one year and did harvest a nice buck with them. That being said I must say that I was a bit disappointed that I did not get a pass through. I was shooting a Martin Cheetah set at 57 lb and Carbon Impact arrow. My shot was 17 yds from a tree stand and perfectly placed behind the left front shoulder. Fortunately the buck only went about 75 yds and died within sight because there was a zero blood trail. There was enough penetration to rupture both lungs. I think the lack of penetration was due to the flat angle of the blades. I will not dispute the fact that these are a poor penetrating head based on only one animal because that would be foolish. But my confidence in them did diminish and I went back to my Magnus Stingers which I had much success. Complete pass throughs on every animal shot with them and all went less than 100 yds including 2 - 1200 lb bison.

Last edited by bronko22000; 04-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

2 bucks and 1 doe on the ground since i switched 4 years ago. they fly true to my bows both cross-bow and compound. i use the slick trick mags. 100 gr.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

my father has been shooting the slick trick mags for a few years now. He shoots a light weight of 50 lbs and a short draw of 27 in. He likes the fact that they shoot the same as his field tips but has also had a few shots without complete passthroughs also. This year he is going to try the original muzzy 4-blade with 1" cut. I think the longer angle of blades on the muzzy will help with penetration.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick tricks rock!!!! I have been using them for about 5 years now. The ferrul is almost indestructable and the blades are scary sharp out of the pack. To date I have taken 2 bears and 13 deer with slick trick heads. Any issue I have had with them has been shooter error. I would highly recommend them to everyone. Pm me if you have any questions, I will be glad to answer because I have all the confidence in the world in these broadheads.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

They are my go to fixed blade. Put a 7pt down within 20 yards of being hit last yr.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using them for four years now. Fly great and very strong tip and blades.
I have put them thru a deer and into a rock with very little damage tp the head.
Just resharpened and was good to go
Old 04-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

My thought was to try this coming spring turkey season here in upstate NY. Been hearing good reviews on other sites and am really thinking about trying them. Have used Muzzy for years but never like the accurcy I would get from them. Always seemed to group about the size of a baseball at 20 yds, I'm looking for golf ball size groups at that distance for shooting turkeys.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

You going for head or body shot on the turkey?

Head shot will put it down fast. If going for a body shot look at some pics online of a turkeys anatomy. They can fool you quickly on where their vitals are when puffed up.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by nys-buckstalker
My thought was to try this coming spring turkey season here in upstate NY. Been hearing good reviews on other sites and am really thinking about trying them. Have used Muzzy for years but never like the accurcy I would get from them. Always seemed to group about the size of a baseball at 20 yds, I'm looking for golf ball size groups at that distance for shooting turkeys.
Friend - you should not be having accuracy problems with Muzzys unless the ferrule has been bent. They are aluminum and can get slightly bent causing erratic flight. But like the other posts state, the slick trick ferrules are steel and really tough. I wish they would make a design with a more swept back blade for the lighter weight bows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.