Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 SLICK TRICK FIRST IMPRESSIONS >

SLICK TRICK FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

SLICK TRICK FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Old 08-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Spike

Default SLICK TRICK FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Well took a slick trick 100 gr.,muzzy 100 gr. and thunderhead 100 gr out and shot them for about an hour this evening, already knew the muzzy and thunderheads shot within 3/4-1 in. of each other at 40 yds. The slick trick hit almost too the money where the muzzy hit out to 53 yds, they fly great and penetrate about the same as the others into the biggest CUBE target made which is good. As far as sharpness they are not as sharp as thunderheads and about the same as the muzzy maybe a little sharper, bottom line is that at 7 bucks apiece and 42.00 a per 6 i will take the muzzy or thunderhead anyday as i cant see where they will kill a deer any deader for the extra 12.00 or so. Plus muzzy gives you a practice blade where slick trick doesnt,neither does thunderhead but for the extra money you can buy enough replacement blades for all 6 broadheads, i will be sending the slick tricks back as i dont believe that they have a 12.00 per 6 advantage over muzzy or thunderheads. This is just my opinion but i think muzzy and thunderheads pretty much cover anything you want to hunt and at a fair price on top of it.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SLICK TRICK FIRST IMPRESSIONS

If your shooting a well tuned bow with helical fletchings you won' t see a lot of differnce in the accuracy. On the other hand with straight fletch and or when shooting in windy conditions the slick tricks really shine. In your case it sounds like you don' t need the accuracy advantage the slick tricks can give. For those that want to shoot faster arrows or straight fletch the slick tricks to give the edge in accuracy and would be worth the extra money, in my opinion anyway.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:59 AM
Spike

the bow that i was shooting them out of is pretty quick, 270 fps(chronied) at 28.5 draw w/blackhawk caa arrows, i just couldnt tell much difference in flight but you are right they should have a slight advantage in the wind, but for all practical whitetail shooting distances 0-30 there would be almost zero advantage in my opinion evn in a pretty stiff breeze.DEAN
Old 08-24-2003, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your in the same boat I am in. I have a modest setup, 465 grn arrow at 260 fps. It is well tuned and I don' t personaly realize any accurcy differnce in the slick tricks vs, Muzzy vs Magnus stinger. Like I said before on a couple of other bows I set up the Slick tricks did a great job. Overall the Slick tricks are a great head that fill a need in the fixed blade market, but like every other head, not everyone will find that there the head for them.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

My two cents worth:

I am going to shoot the Slick Tricks simply because they shoot consistently with my field points. It' s a lot for me to say that ' cause I love the Thunderheads so much, but the Slick Trick accuracy is far superior. I' m shooting 306 fps so that may have something to do with it. I also noticed a little more penetration (about 1.5" ) at least in my carbon block. I agree they' re not as sharp as Thunderheads, but I' ll trade that for accuracy anyday. Besides, I can do a little sharpening myself.
Old 08-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, them thunderheads must be sharp!!. The slicktrick I recieved have the sharpest blades I' ve ever played with. And that includes NAP shockwaves. They must put one awesome edge on the thunderheads!!

I orderes replacement blades with mine so I can practice with the stock ones.
At $30.00 for 3 with replacement blades, I didn' t consider them " expensive" .
Old 08-27-2003, 05:34 AM

THE SLICK TRICKS ARE ONLY 19.00 FOR 3 . SO THAT IS 38.00 FOR SIX AND THAT IS ONLY 6-7 DOLLARS MORE THAN THE MUZZYS SO IF 6-7 DOLLARS IS GONING TO BREAK ANY ONE BOW HUNTING IS NOT THE PLACE TO BE!!

LIKE EVERYONE ELSE :JUST MY 2$ WORTH
Old 08-27-2003, 10:08 AM
Spike

The owner of slick trick was going to charge me 21.00 for 3 broadheads if i wanted to keep them plus 1.00 for shipping, around here i can get muzzy`s for 26-29 bucks for 6 and about 10.00 bucks or a little more for replacement blades.That comes out to 36-39 bucks for 6 broadheads and replacement blades which even at your price is still a big difference for not that much difference in performance.The slick trick may be great on a windy day and may have the edge on a really long shot(over 30 yds)but at 30 and under there will be very little difference if any, if its that windy shouldnt be shooting that long of a distance anyway to many things that goe wrong.This is just my 2 cents worth, i have nothing against slick tricks they seem like a excellent broadhead but for the money i think thunderheads and muzzy are just as good, plus thunderheads are super sharp!Could you please ease up on the CAPS. as it hurts your eyes to read a statement in all caps plus its considered shouting.Good Hunting/DEAN
Old 08-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

HEY DEAN........CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?????? j/k
Old 08-27-2003, 06:12 PM
Spike

Hear you just fine, how about growing up, seems like on every forum there always has to be a smart#$ or someone who always has to put everybody down or some other crap, get a life.

Quick Reply: SLICK TRICK FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.