Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Wisker B " newbie"  question >

Wisker B " newbie" question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Wisker B " newbie" question

Old 08-18-2003, 04:30 AM

Default Wisker B " newbie" question

After trimming my new WB,I went over to the club to shoot through paper,to see what was going on.I took a few shoots before hand to see if anything was bad enough to see with naked eye.My bemans,when nocked, come out of the rest dipping down.The nocking point was set from before, shooting Super Slams,and a Quick Tune 750 rest.The WB can' t be adjusted up any higher,so I figure I must move my nock point down.I was told at the shop that the arrow HAS to be comming out of the WB strait.Just looking at the arrow nocked and sitting in the rest, strait is not the case !.
BUT, I did NOT see what I thought I would.The arrow seemed very strait in flight,instead of comming out of the bow VERY tail high.When I shot through paper,the tear was almost a perfect b-hole.It was so good,I could not tell if there was anything WRONG going on.BUT,,,also,my arrows also hit right on with my sight.They have to be 15 fps.faster than my other arrows,,so how can they impact the same ??.I figure it has to be because of the " tail high" thing.
I' m losing MORE speed with my arrow going through the WB like this,correct ??.Moveing that new not-less super loop is going to be a BICH and a 1/2.It' s got to be done,right.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:08 AM

Default RE: Wisker B " newbie" question

One thing you have to be careful with using the biscuit is paper tuning. Even if your nock is off, or windage is off, you may still get a good paper tear. The bristles will " straighten" the arrow somewhat coming through the rest. I noticed this on my slower bow, with hard helical. I could get a perfect tear even moving the rest 1/16" or more. Best thing to do is move your nock so it' s perfectly square to the rest, through the center of the hole in your riser. Set center shot and start shooting. Once your dialed in, shoot some broadheads at 30 yards, I' ve never had to adjust my nock more than a tiny faction of an inch after starting square with this rest. Also, make sure the back of the biscuit is perfectly parralel to the string, as viewed from the side.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your post has me wondering about the nock travel of your bow.
Set the biscuit to where your arrow covers your burger(rest) holes when looking at it sideways. Your arrow should be pretty much square with it.
Like 6ptsika said, the paper can be decieving with the WB. Too easy to achieve a bullet hole and not be dialed in.

The wb should only cost 3 fps straight fletch and 5 fps helical. (according to my chrony)
Old 08-18-2003, 12:51 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-18-2003, 07:56 PM

Navy,
It was a toss up between Wisker Bisket, and Fur Burger.

I think they made the wize choice.[]
Ran over to Walmarts tonight to get my Hunting license,and check the shelves for a good buy.Printer down,so no license,,BUT they did have the old WB.I remembered that the old had a good range for moveing it up and down,NOT like the $52.00 one[:@]So, I bought the thing.I figure I can build a rest useing parts from BOTH of them.Really, ,I just don' t want to have to move that STUPID nott-less,super loop.It was SO much fun just getting it on the string,that I don' t want to disturb it, if I don' t have to.
I know,not the " super tuner" , thing to do,,,,but I think I can live with this [][:-]
Old 08-19-2003, 04:41 AM

Hey, what do you know,,,the new " drop in" bisket fits perfectly in the old WB.Best of both,I think.Now I can adjust the rest up and down ALOT.Left,,right,,north and south.I think I see the makings of a beautiful relationship [:-]