HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Changing point of impact (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/35462-changing-point-impact.html)

dtabor 08-17-2003 07:08 PM

Changing point of impact

I have a PSE Carrera, 65# using PSE carbon arrows, Trophy Ridge sight Timberline No Peep and fall away rest. The rest is tuned to perfect bullet holes, the best paper tune Ive ever gotten to be honest. My problem is, that after tuning, my arrows were hitting high and right. As my pins were already pretty high, I opted to raise my anchor point which I' ve been wanting to do anyway. After doing this, Ive gotten the arrows sighted in, but my pins are still way to the right, very close to the inside of the sight window when aiming. I can still put the pin on target and shoot but it just doesnt seem right being so close to the " window line"

What are my options to get those pins left a little?

Mahly13 08-18-2003 12:20 AM

RE: Changing point of impact

throw out the paper, and just make sure your getting good groups. If hunting, broadheads should hit the same spot as field points.

Rack-attack 08-18-2003 06:41 AM

When using the no-peep you need to get your eye very close to the string - it should be close to the pins when you aim at full draw.

I suspect your eyes is too far to the right of the string thus you had to move your sights to far to the right.

:)

dtabor 08-18-2003 06:47 AM

Rack-attack,

In checking (couldnt do it from memory!!), I actually look to the left (Im right handed) of the string at the no peep.

My only other thought was that I anchor to the lower part of my jawbone area. I wonder if moving up more on the side of my face would bring the point of impact left enough to allow me to move my pins left, away from the window.

D

Rack-attack 08-18-2003 06:51 AM

Thats odd:D:D

Then I would suspect hand torque on the bow - and you tuned it out by adjusting the rest to compensate for this. Make sure you are not torquing that grip.

FYI - my pins are fairly close to the riser also:) It can be normal

dtabor 08-18-2003 07:01 AM

I guess its possible on the torque. I would assume tho if that was a problem that my shooting would be less than consistent and my paper tune wouldnt have worked out so well?

I have worked religiously on my grip to prevent this but I guess it could still be an issue. I dont " grip" my bow at all. I have a sling and open hand on the shot.

As I mentioned origianally, I can still easily see and get my pins on target. I was just concerned that when shooting at a deer that aiming might be awkward as part of the deer would be behind my riser but I' ll play with it and my 3d target and see what comes of it...

D