Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
hoyt trykon loud!? >

hoyt trykon loud!?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

hoyt trykon loud!?

Old 09-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Spike

Default hoyt trykon loud!?

Hoyt Trykon 2006, 28'', 60 lbs, Z3 cams. Limb driver rest, Extreme Archery Raptor Sight

Ive had this bow for a couple years and it has never been a quiet bow. Ive changed string silencers, checked all screws and bolts, and i still get a twang when i shoot, sounds like a rubber band. I learned to live with it as i am not a hardcore bow hunter and didnt have a lease last year. As i have been practicing for this season it has started to bother me when i hear other bows shooting near silent. It shoots as good as i could expect with my amount of practice and dedication. I noticed last night that i have some cam lean in the upper cam. I had it restrung two years ago with vapor trail. Any chance cam lean causes this twang? and can i fix this with a few twists of one side of the yoke? I also noticed as i was putting an arrow holder on the riser, that it does not sit in the factory made 'groove' on the riser just in front of the rest but rather it sits a little farther away from the riser. Is this normal? any advise on where to go from here?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Spike

Check your cam timing.....i was having problems with my vectrix being loud, and its basically the newer trykon. I could not figure out for the life of me what it was, but one day it dawned on me to check cam timing. My cams ended up being way out of sync and it cause a lot more noise.... i hope i helped and goodluck
Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Spike

cam timing was off and cam lean was bad. a little quieter, a work in progress. thanks