Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
What the heck just happened??? >

What the heck just happened???

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What the heck just happened???

Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Iowabucks44
Check out this video on how a bow can derail.

http://youtu.be/AJoxJJjcQFU
Great video. Man I hope this never happens to me. Looks painful.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

we play wtf happened all the time, that was a good video, and though i never have derailed my string, it was useful info.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Spike

Even though it was a "new top of the line" bow, was it this year's model? All of the shops I've worked in had,at least a few, of the previous years bows left over at model change. If there were safety issues involved, I tried to make any changes, under warranty, before selling these bows. If that wasn't possible, I made sure the customer knew about them so he could deal with the manufacturer before a problem occurred. There are some people out there, however, who don't know, or don't care about these problems. They just want the sale.

Most of the manufacturers do act as quickly as possible on correcting safety issues, however, if for no other reason than product liability. There are too many morons ready to sue at the drop of a hat and too many judges willing to reward them even if ther stupidity caused the problem in the first place, to let an obvious safety issue go unaddressed.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Iowabucks44
Check out this video on how a bow can derail.

http://youtu.be/AJoxJJjcQFU
That video pretty much explains everything a person needs to know.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtbird
You know, some of you guys really get me. Here I ask a question in hopes of learning something. If I had known the answer, I wouldn't have asked it. Instead I get some smart*** answer. If you didn't want to respond, "you let it go". For those that gave me the common courtesy answer, thank you. For the rest of you, well you know what you can do.

My thoughts exactly. The only way you are going to find out is ask. It sounds like there are some die hard bowtech people here that want to defend their bow. Hey...crap happens. Don't take it out on someone who just wants a question answered.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Spike

Sorry to hear about the bow de-railing Big T.