Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help me pick a bow for the Wife >

Help me pick a bow for the Wife

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help me pick a bow for the Wife

Old 08-10-2003, 06:16 PM

Default Help me pick a bow for the Wife

My wife would like to get into archery and I' m not sure what to get her. Her draw length is 26 1/2" and she would need less than 40# because she doesn' t have a lot of upper arm strength. I have been looking around the internet and thought I would ask the people with all the knowledge what they would recommend. I don' t want to spend a lot of money in case she does not like it. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help me pick a bow for the Wife

I think the Parker Challenger is a fine choice for women or youth applications, it is extremely lightweight, (2.6lb)which they really love when beginning to develop those muscles. It also has a thin grip, and it is relatively short at 32.5" . Brace is 6.75" . It is quite snappy, too. Price is quite decent as well for a quality bow, around $325 or so retail. You can get the complete " outfitter" package for around $400 retail, which includes a quiver, 4 arrows, 3-pin sight, centerest flipper, peep, string silencers, and braided sling. Buy a stabilizer and a few more arrows and you' re ready to roll anywhere. The bows come in camo or competition colors, Outfitter is camo only. Good shooting, Pinwheel 12
Old 08-10-2003, 08:59 PM

Just bought my wife a Pearson Cherokee about a month ago. Cost $260 without accessories, comes in 25-35, and 35-45lb draw weight. She shoots a string loop at 26" draw and breaks nocks every other day at 20 yds. Good, light , and small framed bow (29" ATA). Very pleased with it.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you' re interested I have a new 2003 Pearson Warrior for sale. Marked 26" /50lbs. I' m pretty sure the draw is just a tad longer than 26" and the weight can be turned down to at least 40lbs. Maybe a tad more. If you want pictures and specs check it out at www.benpearson.com $185 gets it to your door. If you want to contact me then email me at [email protected]. Remember, this is a new bow that normally retails for $300.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:02 AM

Several companies make a bow that will fit your wife. I like the light weight ones for women. The Parker is a good choice and so is a Diamond. If you want something on the cheaper end, go with a low-end Martin. They are suprising high quality for the price and they have the widest draw weight adjustment range, of the major manufacturers. You could get one that adjusts from 35-50 lbs, so when your wife' s muscles develop, she' ll never " outgrow" the bow. I' d recommend looking at the Martin Jaguar Magnum. You can actually get it as low as 25-40 lb range, and it is usually found for well under $300.00, brand new with a great warranty.

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2003, 09:15 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Pinwheel12 ( kevin ) is right, i was at his pro shop and he had a challenger in stock.
It is an awesome short draw length bow, and very well made.
I will be buying one for my girlfriend in a couple of months.
I don' t think you can go wrong buying this bow!

Old 08-12-2003, 08:02 AM
Spike

I went through the search for my wife' s bow this last spring. We looked high and low and tried a lot of things. I bought her a bowtech ladyhawk but she never was consistent with it. We picked up the parker challenger and I guess the longer axle to axle length helped. She' s shooting great now at 30 yards.
More expensive certainly doesn' t mean better.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:22 AM

Bought my wife the Bear Badge last year. Great little bow.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made a list of all the sort draw/low wieght bows one time....I can' t find it now![:' (] I do remember there were alot of Alpine bows that fit the catagory very well. I think Champion had a few " smaller" bows too. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Help me pick a bow for the Wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.