Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Help me pick a bow for the Wife >

Help me pick a bow for the Wife

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help me pick a bow for the Wife

Old 08-15-2003, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Help me pick a bow for the Wife

Well we got her a bow. We tried a few and the one she liked best was a PSE The Beast. We found a nice package deal at our pro shop. It is 26" draw with a peak wt of 50# currently set at 35#. I liked the range because we can crank it up a little at a time as her strength increases. She just loves it. Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone for their recommendations.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:03 AM

Default RE: Help me pick a bow for the Wife

You know me guys. Go to your pro shop. Let her try out a few. She needs some good equipment to make sure that she likes shooting and enjoys herself. She also needs to be proud enough of her stuff to talk to others about it. When you go to the bow shop, even though you want to shoot the bull, take a step back, even go and look around or shoot your bow at the range while the sales guy/gal do their work with your wife. She should find that more " empowering" than you dictating what she needs.

My shop has a gal that works there part time. I think it really helps out the shops reputation.