Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
new redhead toxik string >

new redhead toxik string

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new redhead toxik string

Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Spike

Default new redhead toxik string

I just got the redhead toxik from my local bass pro shop. I love the bow i took off the cheap rest that came with it and put a qad hd. ( much better ) I want to replace the string next. Here's the question i don't no how long the string is and what brand is the best to get for this bow. I shoot 8 to 10 sets a day (12 arrows each set) what is the best string that will hold up.

Thanks for any response
Old 07-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Spike

89 1/4 and the buss is 34 3/16. Found this on another forum does this sound even close to being right im new to all this sorry if this make no senses im just getting in bow hunting

Thanks for any feed back
Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

look on your bottom limb, there should be a sticker on there saying how long your string and cable is.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:17 AM
Spike

I looked the knuckle heads at bass pro put the limb savor over the sticker and I can't read it that why im asking guess I should have said that in my posted
Old 07-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Leave the string and cables on it.

Bowtech makes very good strings. No reason to change.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by new toxik
I looked the knuckle heads at bass pro put the limb savor over the sticker and I can't read it that why im asking guess I should have said that in my posted
The limb sticker should be right next to the riser. If they put the limb saver over it then they certainly are a bunch of knuckle heads. It's in the wrong place. Should be out close to the apex of the limb forks.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Spike

I had them move the limb saver and I got the string length off a bow on there shelf when I went back up therestill trying to figure out the best string out there for this bow
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

I just recently replaced mine. Like you I looked online for hours to decided. Bow season is getting closer by the day so I stopped looking and ordered a set. I settled on Vapor Trail just from the reviews I have read on here and AT.

Easy to order, got to my house quick, nice looking strings. I did run into problems with twisting. I had to get several adjustments made to get my peep from rotating, I use a tubeless peep. Not really a big deal as I was at the shop and they could make an adjustment in a few minutes. Better to have it taken care of now than have issues in a tree stand.

There are a lot of good string makers from all the threads I have read.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Spike

I would just suggest putting it in a press taking strings off and measuring them up. for String i would use zebra twist