Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
cresting carbon arrows? >

cresting carbon arrows?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cresting carbon arrows?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default cresting carbon arrows?

I was wondering if its possible to crest paint carbon arrows? If it is, what sort of paint would you use..?

Me and a friend were bored one day so we were experimenting with an old arrow of mine and we hooked it up in my drill so it spun and then we put acryllic paint (thats all that I had with me so we tried it). It didn't work that well and it comes off easily.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
I was wondering if its possible to crest paint carbon arrows? If it is, what sort of paint would you use..?

Me and a friend were bored one day so we were experimenting with an old arrow of mine and we hooked it up in my drill so it spun and then we put acryllic paint (thats all that I had with me so we tried it). It didn't work that well and it comes off easily.
I think the paint is probably fine. I would probably treat it as painting a car. Lightly rough the area to paint, than apply a coat of spray on flexible automotive primer. You can get small cans of the spray at Walmart or any automotive store. Than go ahead and paint. Cresting is alot of fun, especially coming up with your own personal design. Good luck and have fun.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It could be the last refuge

of archery shooters, who can't hit the broad side of a barn.