Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Need glue for fletching carbons. >

Need glue for fletching carbons.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need glue for fletching carbons.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I didn't respond to your questions sooner.

My new arrows and the carbon wrapped aluminum with the BassPro name on them, made by Easton.

I hadn't planned on doing wraps because I don't want to have to replace all the fletchings when I have to fix just one, but it's a possibility.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Spike

Loc-tite Gel or gorilla Crazy glue (blue cap) work very well and are cheap and easy to find! (Wal-Mart)
As for removing old fletching,I use a veggy pealer and then wipe them down with goo gone. If any residue remains scatch it off with a dull knife,just be careful not to cut into the fibers!
I would suggest using wraps before you reflech,makes refleching the next time a lot easier.
If you want to buy good quality wraps at a reasonable price check out onestringer.com he has great wraps and great prices and ships fast!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tips. I will try wraps this time, so I can use up the Fletchtite I have left.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stuck with the old ways

In a way I'm glad. I learned using Bohning some twenty years ago, I think. And I never switched. Not even the aluminum arrows.
I've had to check a number of sources, that discontinued making the item I used. Even Bohning.
I missed over a year of bow shooting, because of forces beyond my control. But I'm all ready for the first warm up.

In my inventory, I have the following in unopened containers.

1- Bohning Tex-Tite Bowstring Wax

1- Bohning Hot Melt Ferr-L-Tite

1-Bohning Fletch-Tite (in the white tubing)

Guess I'll have to buy Fletch-Tite Aluminum, or Platimum, whatever they call it, the next time around.
I wonder if I should keep what I have as heirlooms?

Last edited by Valentine; 02-12-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, I contacted Easton about the glue preference, and they said to clean with Iso. alcohol and that Fletchtite should work just fine, with or without wraps.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bulzeye
I've done my own fletching for years, but am switching to carbons and want to know if the Fletchtite will work, or if i need to change to something else.

Also, How do you strip off old damaged fletch from a carbon shaft without messing up the carbon fibers?

Thanks.
Fletch-Tite is all I use at the shop, and it works great.