Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
keeping a peep from turning? >

keeping a peep from turning?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

keeping a peep from turning?

Old 01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default keeping a peep from turning?

I installed a meta peep on my bow inplace of the rubber tube and now every couple shots I have to retwist my peep so I can see through it. Ive tried rotating the knots on my D-loop and that helped but I still end up having to twist the peep and knots. What do you guys do to keep this from happening?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats why i like the 3 side peeps...with the 2 sided ones ya have to "train" them
not to mention that little rubber band can/will bust and slap ya in the eye.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

First, a question, how new is your string? Until I had about 150 arrows through my new string, Gander Mtn. wouldn't even set my peep because of it stretching and twisting while being broken in. Even then they had to take the string off and twist it a little because it would come back and twist the moment the cam kicked in. Honestly though, I have heard nothing but bad things about the peep sights with tubing. I have a RAD Super Deuce peep sight and have not had a single problem with it.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Banned

If you install a nonstretch string like a 452 type, and then shoot the string in, it should stabilize after 50 shots. But your going to have to press the bow and put in a half of twist or take out to get the peep aligned. Just turnign it around every shot is not going to do it.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme
If you install a nonstretch string like a 452 type, and then shoot the string in, it should stabilize after 50 shots. But your going to have to press the bow and put in a half of twist or take out to get the peep aligned. Just turnign it around every shot is not going to do it.
This is the solution.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Even with poor strings the peep should not do that. Tell us your set up, bow, age of bow, age of strings. You might have a broken strand under the serving. Setting up as many bows as I do, none do this normally.
Pat
Old 01-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

the bow a 06 or 07 bowtech Guardian. Original string so what ever brand they use. The string probly has close to 1000 shots im not for sure, but I shot league for a year so I put alot of arrows in it. I always keep the string waxed up. As I said i put in a G5 Meta peep to replace the peep with the rubber band as it broke one to many times while shooting. I spose ill have to take it to Scheels and get it fixed, I don't have a bow press.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I do is figure out which way it is turning then move a couple of strands at a time until I get it to be straight at full draw. Use a press to make the job easier.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Derag2
the bow a 06 or 07 bowtech Guardian. Original string so what ever brand they use. The string probly has close to 1000 shots im not for sure, but I shot league for a year so I put alot of arrows in it. I always keep the string waxed up. As I said i put in a G5 Meta peep to replace the peep with the rubber band as it broke one to many times while shooting. I spose ill have to take it to Scheels and get it fixed, I don't have a bow press.
Those are non-stretch strings. Since its a guardian, you can do it yourself. On a guardian, you can take all pressure off strings and cables.

Just move out your limb bolts until you have no pressure on string, and rotate string the proper way. Done.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Derag2
I installed a meta peep on my bow inplace of the rubber tube and now every couple shots I have to retwist my peep so I can see through it. Ive tried rotating the knots on my D-loop and that helped but I still end up having to twist the peep and knots. What do you guys do to keep this from happening?
I had this same problem and Jeff at Parkers archery served in a small plastic piece in my string at the bottom, and you slide it up or down till it opens every time at full draw. I hate these types of peeps, and will eventually go back to the round style that works the best for me. Travis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.