Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
keeping a peep from turning? >

keeping a peep from turning?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

keeping a peep from turning?

Old 01-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

When you say rotate the string your talking rotate it at the cams then put tighten to screw what I took out of them. I've hear you can loosen the bolt on a gaudian but I've never done it. Do any of you know approx pounds per turn? I've been thinking of dropping the poundage downfrom 70 to 65 or somthing.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 AM
Spike

There are three steps to getting your peep to line up square at full draw:

First is to shoot it in until the peep stabilizes. It doesn't have to be square, just so that it comes back to the same position every time. If it's a new string, you can "train" it a little bit at this stage. Just keep twisting it to where you want it.

Second is to twist the string half a twist at a time until it's close. Be sure to shoot the bow until the peep stabilizes again. Every time you press a bow, it has to be shot in again. At this stage it usually only takes fewer than a dozen shots. You may have to do this several times and twist or untwist from both ends of the string. Don't twist/untwist from one end so much that you change your draw length.

Third, is to flip individual strands of the string from one side of the peep to the other. Be sure to always move the same number of strands and always move one on the front of the peep and one on the back of the peep so that you keep the same number of strands on each side. I forget which way to move them since I don't do this very often. A little trial & error & you can figure it out. This should get you to within a few degrees of square at full draw. At this point your D loop will easily pull it square.

Just remember to shoot the bow to settle it in again every time you press it or move something.

Allen

Last edited by aread; 01-25-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Derag2
When you say rotate the string your talking rotate it at the cams then put tighten to screw what I took out of them. I've hear you can loosen the bolt on a gaudian but I've never done it. Do any of you know approx pounds per turn? I've been thinking of dropping the poundage downfrom 70 to 65 or somthing.

On guardians and commanders, you can take more than 25 turns out to where you have 0 tension. You don't need a press on a guardian. There is a window on the riser where you can see if you gone too far on removing the limb bolt.

Turn them evenly. In other words, no more than 5 turns at a time. 5 on the top, 5 on the bottom and back and forth.

Look up the owners manual or download from blowtech.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

If it has the factory string on it you need to replace the string and cables. It sounds like the string is toast. I build custom strings for a living and I would guess the serving has lost tension. If you have had the center serving replaced, it could be served in the wrong direction and causing the rotation issue as well.