Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Im lost Mathews or Elite >

Im lost Mathews or Elite

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Im lost Mathews or Elite

Old 11-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Spike

Default Im lost Mathews or Elite

Guys I know they are two very different bows. It is time to upgrade and I would like to start shooting a little farther and faster. I have had Mathews in the past. So I shot the new Z and loved it. I also shot the Elite Judge and loved it. I kno they are very different. Is one easier to tune?? Is the difference in brace height going to make that big of difference?? Is the little extra speed in the elite going to make that big of difference. I have been shooting for a bit but have used an older bow. These new bows are another world for me. I am used to the single cam easy drar of the mathews but was very impressed with the elite. Was wodering iif u guys could make some points for me to think about..
Old 12-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

This past summer I decided to upgrade my 4 year old Mathews bow. Wanting to try something different I ordered a Hoyt. While I was waiting for my bow to come in my pro shop got some Elite bows. They are awesome and I believe Elite will probably be my next bow.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

Its all about feel!!!

There are like 4 or 5 Z series Bows to shoot now, so if you have the ability to shoot them all do so. Also, Take into consideration how you will use the bow, for hunting i am going to assume. DO you need more speed, its not a bad thing but it does come at a price. Do you want a more forgiving bow, longer brace heights tend to be more foregiven, do you need a longer draw? At your Draw Length, and Draw Weight are they that much different? But mainly focus on feel, if the bow feels good you will most likely shoot it well. Elite and Mathews both Make excellent bows, either one will get the job done, and get it done well. The best advise is to weigh them side by side and see what works for you..... Also, another bow to try would be the Monster 7, little faster then the Judge, little harder draw though. Got to ask yourself which is going to be the best for you. Compare the speed, vs the draw cycle and balance, compare them all across the board, then make the decision, its a tuff one by the way.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both quality bows, it's up to you to decide which feels and shoots the best for your style. Don't purchase a bow just on namesake. A thousand dollar bow that doesn't fit or is inconsistent isn't worth the effort.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

Grab hold of some other bows while out and let the bow pick you!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

You mentioned the Elite Judge as one of your choices and some have said it has a bit "stiffer" draw. If that is a concern look at the 2011 Elite Pulse. This bow is everything the Judge was with one of the smoothest draw cycles I have ever experienced in a speed bow in 31 years of shooting. Do not let the lower brace height scare you away, it is a shooter and if you didn't know the brace you would guess it as being much higher.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

hard to beat the mathews warranty..but ya could save a lil cash
Old 12-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Eite has a lifetime transferable warranty! Visit their website and look it up. No matter if you are owner number 1 or 5 you have a lifetime warranty on the bow. So even if you buy used you are covered, try that with Mathews or anyone else.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Both are good. I just think Matthews markets their stuff too much. I have an elite gt500 and love it. You should shoot some hoyts too. They are sweet as well.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really shoot each bow a lot if you can. I thought I was going to buy a Z7. After shooting it and comparing it to other bows I really didn't like the way it felt in my hand. That bow feels very top heavy to me. I did like the Elite and Hoyt Maxxis but in the end I liked the feel of the Destroyer better. Brace height never makes a difference for me, I shoot them all about the same.

Another thing to think about is draw weight. You will be able to shoot a dual cam bow, like the Judge or Destroyer at a lower draw weight than a single cam bow and still be able to shoot faster. I also have a Diamond Black Ice (318 IBO) single cam bow that is very smooth to draw back set at 68 lbs, it shoots a 403 grain arrow at 280 fps. I was able to set my new Destroyer 350 at 60 lbs and shoot the same arrow at 295 fps.

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 12-06-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.