Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
bowtech destroyer 350 vs monster xlr8 >

bowtech destroyer 350 vs monster xlr8

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech destroyer 350 vs monster xlr8

Old 11-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Spike

Default bowtech destroyer 350 vs monster xlr8

I currently hunt w/ the monster xlr8 set at 63 lbs! I love the way it shoots at this set up but don't like how heavy the bow is and was wondering if someone on here could compare the two? I am looking at switching this summer! I love the speed but I have to shoot it 6-7 lbs less draw to still draw smooth and have good form! is the destroyer similar?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah its similiar....but not the same.

Id say your mathews is smoother.. I shoot a Monster 6 or standard, love it! I thought about switching to the Destroyer, but i wasnt a fan at the hand shock and just didnt fit me, not to say it wouldnt fit you. The 350 is gonna be more like the Monster line, however it is lighter. Mathews tend to weigh more.

Id also shoot the new Mathews Z series, they have a new faster one in there that might give you what you want, with a smaller lighter bow feel. Also, look at the Hoyts and PSE's if you want the two cam power bow. I hate to say it but i really dont think your gonna find that much of difference to want to drop the money on a new bow, unless you decide to switch the style bow your shooting completely. Those speed bows are gonna weigh more. If you looking for a fast light and small bow, id start looking at single cams and some other hybrid cam bows, you will lose speed, but you might be more happy in the end. Also, look into what you put on the bow, you can cut weight there too.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:05 AM
Spike

great info! I was kind of under the same impression! I really like my xlr 8 I just had to back it off a little to get a smooth comfortable draw and still shoot so much faster than my dxt it's not even funny! I may just get a new string this comming summer & make sure its tunned up well & stick w/ it!
thanks!!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

thats what i would do.... Get a new string, and if you havent get a new grip!!!!! I shot every bow out there this summer and i can honestly say i wouldnt trade my Monster for any of them, not the Destroyer or Z7 or BowMadness or nothing. And from what im seeing form the 2011 lineups I have no incentives to change either. The only thing i did to my Monster was put a torqueless grip on it, otherwise i love the bow. Ive shot a bunch of deer last year with it and i shot 3 more this year with it so far, one at 53yrds, its fast, accurate, quiet, smooth, everything i could ask for. I shot a big buck last week where i had to shoot through a small hole, and only a flat shooting bow could have slipped an arrow in there, was praising my monster all the way.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Spike

Also shoot a monster 6 its set at 65lbs and i love mine also it super smooth super fast and it has no hand shock the only down fall to the monster is the grip i would definitely switch to the in focus grip