Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Dominant Eye change! >

Dominant Eye change!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dominant Eye change!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Spike

Default Dominant Eye change!

My dominant eye has changed recently due to a virtual loss of sight in my right eye. My question is; is there any way I can shoot my right handed bow with a dominant left eye? I am almost positive that I cannot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

I have heard of people doing it, don't know how your form will be effected but I am sure with some adjustments to your sight and lots of practice you could make it work.

Good luck
Old 10-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

You might try the "Peep Eliminator" Kinda works like a rifle site. I don't know but you might give them a call and talk with Mel!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

never heard of it, but never heard it couldn't be done, bet you'd have to lean way over the string to do it though....can you see you sight pins???? what about utilizing a kisser button???

good luck man that is a tough one
Old 10-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Spike

i am right handed and left eye dominant and i shoot a right handed bow. i just close my left eye when i shoot, same as i do when i shoot doves or trap
Old 10-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Spike

Thanks for the responses. I should specify that I am right handed, was right eye dominant but lost most of the sight in my right eye and now my dominant eye is my left. I did call the guy that owns my local shop about it and I have been practicing shooting my right handed bow left handed. I can only see shapes/shadows with my right eye. So far so good shooting lefty with a righty bow.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Spike

Have you ever try to use eye protection sign i believe this thing will also help.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might be able to makedo like you are, but honestly....since this appears to be a permanent issue, I'd look at making the switch to a LH bow in the near future. You'll be better off in the long run and I'm sure you will shoot better also. Good luck, that is a tough situation to be in.