Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Best Vanes?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default Best Vanes?

Hey guys, I'm going to start fletching my own arrows and i wa wondering what you guys this the best vanes are? I was leaning towards the Nap Quickspins just becuase they work great for me on their quick shrink wraps.

Thanks,
-Storm
Old 10-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Try using the NAP quickspin vanes only without the quickfletch
and it will probably work better without all that wrap.
My first choice.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Spike

Varicose veins are terrible.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only vane that I have used that works at controlling an arrow as well as a real feather does are the NAP quick spins. If I'm gonna use a vane then it's gonna be the Quick Spin speed hunters.

Gonna shot a buck on Halloween with one of these.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Interest here as well. Wondering if anyone has done testing with the quick fletch vs standard jig quick spin.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've tried them all and for me Blazers are the best hands down.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Spike

Blazers are getting some good reviews from some guys, but man those Flex Fletch are TOUGH. Check out the attached pic.
That white square is from a plastic milk jug. The arrow was tipped with a field point. Those 3 cuts were made by Flex Fletch vanes!
Did the same thing in and out. AND the fletch was still glued to the arrow and not deformed.
Attached Thumbnails Best Vanes?-entrance.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

From a dealers point of view, tried a lot of different ones. I get samples all year long from different companies. Most I have tried, some I wondered "what was going thru their mind when they made these"! Most are good but the worst and also has both bad rap and some say good is the blazers. A lot of people, including myself, had the blazers come off the shaft. I spoke with bohning about it, and was told that I don't know what I am doing! First they told me it was the glue used, I told them it was theirs, oops. Well use the better glue, I did, same results. I was then told "I" was doing something wrong!! I have switched to NAP speedhunter, Fusion, and Vane Tec. I have used many types of glues on these and have not had one problem. BTW one other store still uses them in the area, and I just got one of their customers that had them come off. I glued on the Vane Tec that are exact carbon copy of them and wa-la they stick.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Blazers get my vote.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

I run Blazers and fletch them up myself in a Bitz Helical jig - they work great & are cheap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.