Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Arrow wraps, are they a joke?? >

Arrow wraps, are they a joke??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow wraps, are they a joke??

Old 09-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

I have seen some where you place them on the arrow and dip them in hot water and they shrink onto your arrow like heat shrink tubing you use for electrical work. I have never tried them but thought it was a neat idea.

Seen them at my local Bass Pro
Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I go to a local vinyl sign company and get either 2 or 3 mm thick cut into 1x4 rectangles. The cost for 39 wraps was about $10 vs. $12/dozen at a sporting goods store.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

i gotta say go onestringer as well. if not i love the nap quikfletch quikspins
Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by KCbuckeye22
I decided to go out and get some arrow wraps for my arrows. I bought some eze crest wraps (glow in the dark ones), after going through one wrap i found out my wraps are too wide. I was told by the bow shop to trim them down with scissors, or a paper cutter. After 7 tries, I have felled to do this right. I have gaps or overlap. What do I do?

I fletch my own arrows, just tired of scraping off glue and ruining hunter shafts. I wanted to switch to something that would save my arrows, not give me more heartache. I need help.
How exactly are the shafts "ruined"?
Old 11-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like he might have gotten a bit aggressive with the utility knife and ended up gouging the shafts and cutting some of the fibers.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Spike

Another vote for onestringer. Mindy can design anything you can imagine for a custom wrap. If you're looking for any advise or wanting to buy some shoot me a pm and I'll get you in touch with Mindy and answer any questions you have.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

I use onestringer also,great price and quality wraps shipped fast!
IMO if you shot carbon the wrap is the only way to go,unless you want to go with quikfletch! But I personnally don't like quikspin vanes and are way to expensive!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gut Check
I go to a local vinyl sign company and get either 2 or 3 mm thick cut into 1x4 rectangles. The cost for 39 wraps was about $10 vs. $12/dozen at a sporting goods store.
onestringer is cheaper and there wraps are already cut to size!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default lordy

I still send my aluminum arrows out naked. Wraps at more than $1 an arrow, I'll send them out without clothing.