Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Arrow wraps, are they a joke?? >

Arrow wraps, are they a joke??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Arrow wraps, are they a joke??

Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Arrow wraps, are they a joke??

I decided to go out and get some arrow wraps for my arrows. I bought some eze crest wraps (glow in the dark ones), after going through one wrap i found out my wraps are too wide. I was told by the bow shop to trim them down with scissors, or a paper cutter. After 7 tries, I have felled to do this right. I have gaps or overlap. What do I do?

I fletch my own arrows, just tired of scraping off glue and ruining hunter shafts. I wanted to switch to something that would save my arrows, not give me more heartache. I need help.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
bigcountry

Buy the proper ones for the arrows. Or use a high end paper cutter

I buy mine here and they are about perfect.
http://www.onestringer.com/

Old 09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

The wraps overlap because you bought wraps for aluminum arrows and put them on carbons.

You can either:
a) leave them too wide and simply overlap them (no problems with this other than a little extra weight.

b) use a straight edge and a razor blade and cut the wraps down.

In either case, wraps are great for keeping your shafts from getting messed up when refletching.

To some degree, I agree with Passthrough. I really like painted crest arrows (have a couple sets of target arrows like this). No decal wrap can compare with a truly crested arrow. That being said for hunting arrows I always wrap. I end up refletching too often to put the money into custom crests or dips.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for onestringer here. If you have standard diameter carbon, use the 1.05 width, they work perfect IMO.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use onestringer as well. Love my wraps!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Learn how to fletch right and you wont ever mess an arrow up. Are you digging into the arrow or something???

Anyways, just use a straight edge and roll the arrow over the wrap as straight as you can. Just a few and you should be the master at arrow wraps...
Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

I find that putting the wrap on a mouse pad and rolling the arrow over it works awesome. As long as you start the wrap straight, it will end straight.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 98Redline
I find that putting the wrap on a mouse pad and rolling the arrow over it works awesome. As long as you start the wrap straight, it will end straight.
Identical to what I do. doesnt have to be a mouse pad, just any small edge that you can get over and know is straight.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

A mouse pad works great for me. It doesn't really hurt anything that the wraps are too wide, it just makes the overlap bigger. I get my wraps from Bowmanhunter, haven't had any problems with them peeling off and when I do take them off they don't leave much residue. http://bowmanhunter.com/ They also sell them on ebay.

Last edited by obsessed bowhunter; 09-21-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

I bought some off Ebay several years ago and liked them. They also overlaped but had not adverse effects. Wish I had some when I re-fletched this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.