Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
These Bow Manufractures Are Getting Out Of Hand >

These Bow Manufractures Are Getting Out Of Hand

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

These Bow Manufractures Are Getting Out Of Hand

Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Spike

I dont bash any bow company i like all the bows to be honest . But their is always going to be people that feel they have to have the best of everything and if it costs more it must be better . If someone has the money to pull the trigger on a bow like that they either have alot of money or feel like they deserve something special . Me i really like my AXE 6 , and my Bowmadness . Good luck this season every1
Old 09-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

A price like that would keep me from upgrading, that's for sure.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bruin1951
You can buy a rifle with a decent scope that will last your life time and your heirs with a little care for the price you pay for a bow that will be obsolete in a year or two and the resale value is nothing compared with what you paid for it but as long as we keep buying the newest and the fastest, it's what the market will bare.
Your right except I know guys who have Matthews bows and they do get a good resale out of them, still not worth the price of a quality fire arm.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Until we stop buying at the exaggerated prices, they will continue to increase. Just like pick up trucks. The more a company sponsors, the higher the price on their products. Believe it or not, the most expensive bows are not the best shooting bows.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
by a cheaper bow and slap a matthews sticker on it you wont ever know the difference
I agree 100% that prices are getting outrageous... BUT, your claim of buying a cheap bow and throwing a Mathews sticker on it would be like saying to a sportscar owner to ditch his Ferrari, get a Ford Focus and put a Ferrari emblem on it... Pretty sure he would be able to tell.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
I'm a Mathews fan but come on now, they and the other makers are getting out of hand with the prices

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-1...t-1521-324.asp

Its a Custom bow for a niche market, Obv they saw a market for it or they wouldnt have put in the R&D and set up cost to produce it.

If i was hunting Africa and money was no object, i'd take a hard look at one, as it is i have no need for it, but there are those out there that will buy it whether they need it or not.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Spike

I shoot PSE Madness and Axe 6 . The only thing i found wrong with mathews is the grip was to wide for me . I seemed to torque the bow with their grip , I am sure with time one could get used to it . But the PSE shoot well for me . Their are so many good bow companies out there . PSE , Mathews , Elite , Strothers , Darton , Hoyt , Bowtech and the list goes on . But these bow companies see the guys that deck out there bow that got way more than a grand in to it . And figure there are going to be enough people to buy these bows . Maybe its our own fault ? We do push for them to come out with something new and crazy and faster every year . But this is just my opinion , that i hear is only woth .02 cents . lol
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

I think all these rising prices of bows are bull ****. Thats why i have never bought a brand new bow. If i want current bow, i just buy my friends current year bow at the end of the season for half of what he paid for it so i can have me a new bow and he will go buy him the new latest and greatest bow out, and if i want a new bow the next year ill just buy his from him again. I mean hell 5 years ago i dont remember any bows costing $850,900, or 1600!!!!! Just my 2 cents
Old 09-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

$2100....holy cow. $800+ for my Maxxis seems like a steal now! lol
Old 10-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
by a cheaper bow and slap a matthews sticker on it you wont ever know the difference
blackhawk........You should learn to curb your opinions. A post like this is just like your poaching post. And obviously you don't know much about bows othewise you would have never typed a comment like this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.