Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Any Whisker Biscuit users? >

Any Whisker Biscuit users?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Any Whisker Biscuit users?

Old 07-09-2003, 08:59 PM

Default Any Whisker Biscuit users?

Anyone use the Whisker Biscuit arrow rest? I heard it was loud, but is it really? How does it work for you? Thanks
Old 07-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any Whisker Biscuit users?

I use the Whisker Biscut, it does make a little more noise, but for me its worth
not having to worry about my arrow falling off the rest.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you use shiny black carbons, such as bemans or blackhawks, it' s deadly silent[>:]!!

If you try to use camo carbons, goltips or aluminums, it can be rather noisy.
I was able to sand my camo carbons with 240 and then 400 grit sandpaper to the point where they are quieter on the draw than the shiny carbons.

I bought the quick shot deluxe, but now wish I' d just got the regular or drop tine model. The deluxe has a more bulkier holding bar which has caused me some tuning fits (fletching contact) that the strght bar on the bottom wouldn' t have.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:27 AM

WB all the way, 3 years and no problems. my bud shot a 300 60x with his this winter. My best is 300 51x with the WB. You can use heilical and/or feathers with it also. The feathers will just get roughed up.

Keep on keep' n on.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

While the WB is popular, it' s main attraction is it' s ability to hold the arrow to prevent fall off in a hunting situation.

There are many alternatives to it now available that don' t have the noise or other problems associated with the WB (reduced fps, fletch damage), such as the Bodoodle Zappers, GKF Arrow Trap and Shoot out and the APA Ultimate.

Take a look at these before deciding, and if you end up with the WB and tune it properly, it should serve you well.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:03 PM

Rangeball hit the X.

Why would you want to expose yourself to all the problems and ajustments that are often required with the " Whacking Basket," just to allow a secure cradle for your shaft?

As Rangeball said, (paraphrased) there are too many simpler and more durable rests on the market that will securely hold your arrow for you.

I have an arrow holder that costs me 45-cents that the " Whacker" cannot hold a candle to. The holder is mounted on all my GKF' s.

As for the " Whacking Basket;" those that are using it swear it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Those that used but dumped the " Basket," either, simply, did not like the WB, or thought it was the worse waste of money they had yet spent.

In the end, it is a individual call.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an arrow holder that costs me 45-cents that the " Whacker" cannot hold a candle to. The holder is mounted on all my GKF' s.
Hey, how ' bout starting a thread about this. I' ve been giving these things a look to go with my savage dropaway, would love to hear some input from an actual user.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone use the Whisker Biscuit arrow rest?
Old 07-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its a good hunting rest. I have several friends who use it and are happy with it. I have a dropaway right now but I have a Whisker Biscuit on my bowfishing bow. Its great!

Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

It' s not perfect, but if you take the time to trim one side, find fletching that will hold up well, and tune it correctly you will find it to be an excellent rest. The keys are trimming, and using a quality durable 4" vane. Feathers get real fuzzy and cheap vanes wrinkle. The nice thing about it is the fact that it is so simple no much can go wrong in the field, and set up correctly the accuracy is as good as any rest I have shot.

Quick Reply: Any Whisker Biscuit users?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.