HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   arrow Flight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/329066-arrow-flight.html)

CTJohnB 09-03-2010 01:11 PM

arrow Flight

Hey all, I got a question, I have a bowtech 60lb draw with a drop zone arrow rest, for some reason 18 yrd or less my grouping is perfect. But after 20 + yards my grouping opens and my arrows are kicked to the right or left, verses straight ! as if I shot from the side !!! any ideas I pulling my hair out tryna figure this out. I double checked everything and it seems to be ok, I did notice that you can adjust the timing of the rest by turning the nob to make it slower or faster. how fast should it drop ?? or is it fine and its my right left adj on my rest ? all I can think of is my rest sucks or its the side to side adj that is off. any and all ideas would be great help.
Thank You
John

CTJohnB 09-03-2010 01:15 PM

PS I am shooting carbon express arrows and I even tried my old beemans and monster bucks arrows all the same flight

UncleNorby 09-04-2010 08:03 AM

More info is needed. What bow, weight, arrow spine, arrow length, etc.

You may have an issue with the rest, but without more info., nobody can even begin to guess.

CTJohnB 09-04-2010 08:31 AM

Thank you for the reply
I have a Bowtech, black hawk, 27 axle 60-70 draw my arrows are 29 1/4 long, they sit 1/2 past the arrow rest at draw.
I am shooting carbon express maxima hunters, weight forward 350 with blazer vanes

I notice that every 2-3 shots the arrow sticks in the target sideways as if I shot from an angle !

I can only think of maybe 2 things 1 my drop zone is out of tune for the downward speed following my shot, or 2nd my nocking point is off quit a bit.

How fast should your drop rest fall ? can it be to fast at best.

UncleNorby 09-05-2010 06:06 AM

Need to know your draw weight.

Assuming your arrows are corectly spined, you may have an issue with your rest. I don't shoot a fall away style so can't offer any advice there.

Most set the nock so the arrow is level or angled down just slightly so the nock is like 1/8" above square.

You need to adjust your rest to achieve "centershot" but this can only be done by you. You can get close by eye, then closer by walk back tuning, and finish by broadhead tuning.

CTJohnB 09-06-2010 08:10 PM

my draw is 64 lbs

CTJohnB 09-09-2010 10:27 AM

Finally I got it, it was a matter of paper tunning my Bow and adj the nocking point

vermont bowhunter 09-09-2010 10:50 AM

i dont get it nock point shouldnt have anything to do with left right arrows,,arrow rest position does,,and also torking your bow one way or anouther,,but paper tuneing would show arrow flight left or right nock point would make you shoot higher or lower...i have a feeling you was messed up with your bow hand...