Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Need some advice on books >

Need some advice on books

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need some advice on books

Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need some advice on books

I am looking to get a few books or videos on how to set up my bow and do almost all my own work on it. I really want to get into it but dont have time or money to go to a class. If anyone has any books or videos that they have liked please let me know.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Waldo Hunter
I am looking to get a few books or videos on how to set up my bow and do almost all my own work on it. I really want to get into it but dont have time or money to go to a class. If anyone has any books or videos that they have liked please let me know.
Traditional bowyers bible vol 1 and 4 is a must have for any bowyer. Might as well get vol 2 and 3 too. But Dean Torges "hunting the osage bow", is also one book I recommend. Ferguson's "become the arrow", was the one I cut my teeth on. I must admit, I do have Jim Hamm's Bows and arrows of Native American Indians, but can do without.

Good luck working on bows.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

now that is advice I like. Thanks BC, I will be looking into them. Appreciate it.