Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
From .006 to .003 straightness...worth it? >

From .006 to .003 straightness...worth it?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

From .006 to .003 straightness...worth it?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default From .006 to .003 straightness...worth it?

Will I notice any grouping difference if I decide to buy the Gold Tip XT Hunters to replace my Expedition hunters I currently shoot? Is it worth the straighter arrow or is it so negligible that it doesn't matter?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO it is definitely worth the extra money to buy a superior arrow shaft.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

For general shooting and hunting no but for pro level/money yes.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:01 AM
bigcountry

I am kinda shocked, when I see someone go out and buy a 1000 dollar bow rig and then want to shoot the cheapest arrows possible. The arrow is probably the most important piece. From quality nocks, to staightness to consistent spine. you can take a crappy mismatched spined arrow and shoot it in the finest bow and shoot like crap. You can take a mediocre low end bow and shoot consistent spined, good matched spined arrows, and shoot great.

I highly suggest to anyone to buy quality arrows. If you can't afford quality carbons, alum are affordable and rival the best carbons for straightness, and consistency in spine and wieght.

I just got a nice set of ACC's and I tell ya, they are fine arrows.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

is it worth it just for hunting? No way!!!! What is the price difference between the two?

I do agree on using quality arrows, but in todays world most are good quality
Old 07-16-2010, 07:31 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP

I do agree on using quality arrows, but in todays world most are good quality
I highly disagree, most are junk and do not live up to thier hype. Take a new set of ICS hunters or GT pros and shoot thru paper. Take the whole dozen and shoot 3 times each, each time rotating 60 degrees. See the tears change.

Or take the shafts and float em in the bathtub and watch the heavy side pop up.

My last set of carbons were carbon express CX Edges. I have a spine tester, so I started with sending back 5 out of the dozen. Got back 5 replacments. They sent me .4" spined 3 out of 5. So I sent those back. Now, had 2 more that sucked. Same thing with GT's.

I know I am anal but I want what I paid for. Most don't look for it, and just shoot em. Probably smarter than me.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bigcountry most of todays arrows are good enough for hunting, and practice shooting, if your in pro level then of course your choices are better
Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Bigcountry most of todays arrows are good enough for hunting, and practice shooting, if your in pro level then of course your choices are better
True, but then again most any low end compound are good enough for hunting.

Worst thing ever happened was when I bought tools. I remember when I started shooting over 30 years ago, I didn't know anything about spine, or cam timing.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with BC... For hunting I use .003 for competition I go with .001... Cause I like to win.

Now some people wouldn't know the difference between .006 and .001. It all depends on the skill level.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The more you miss the target

the more the indecisive and unsure archer, has to buy the more expensive product line.
Those expert archers don't get paid for shooting junk. Everybody knows that the inexpert archer is only five minutes away from becoming a pro. And the non expert archer, everybody knows, is only .003 away from perfection.

The man who figured that out was a genius.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.