Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
If I'm a 27.5 draw on a z7 am I the same on a monster 7.0 with it's  draw highth >

If I'm a 27.5 draw on a z7 am I the same on a monster 7.0 with it's draw highth

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

If I'm a 27.5 draw on a z7 am I the same on a monster 7.0 with it's draw highth

Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default If I'm a 27.5 draw on a z7 am I the same on a monster 7.0 with it's draw highth

On a z7 I was trying a 28 draw and still popping my arm a little bit and trying to reach my head just a tad for the peep. The guy told me a 27.5 and i'm right on, but that was a z7
Old 06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

No a dl will or may change due to the brace, ata, or the way the grip is designed. It might only be 1/2" but it might still be different.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

The draw should be the same, like you I have a 27.5" draw

If your thinking of getting the monster, consider the harsher draw it has compared to the Z7. Also with that harsh draw, it will be harsher while sitting in your stand during the colder months.

I've been shooting MATHEWS for 14 years, my first one was the ZMAX, then the SWITCHBACK XT, now I have the Z7, all of them are great bows.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Spike

Your length should be the same on bows within the same line.

You could probably shoot a 28" or 28 1/2" from another company, Mathews always run long on DL.

Tyler
Old 06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bubba holley
On a z7 I was trying a 28 draw and still popping my arm a little bit and trying to reach my head just a tad for the peep. The guy told me a 27.5 and i'm right on, but that was a z7
You could move the peep down, and there are many reasons for popping the arm rather than just the DL being too long...

Your DL is your DL no matter what bow is in your hand... Now, the DL ratings are done a bit differently by each manufacturer. A Hoyt at 27.5" may feel 1/2"-3/4" short compared to a Mathews, but that is b/c their measurements are more realistic than most other companies.