Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
bow sight?  how many pins do you go with. >

bow sight? how many pins do you go with.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bow sight? how many pins do you go with.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I prefer a 5 pin sight. The number of pins does not distract me. I have them set in 10 yd increments starting at 20 up through 60 yds. Now before anyone jumps on me for shooting at 60 yds. Let me just say that I practice at 40, 50 and 60 yds. This makes me focus more and I'm sure those who practice at these distances know that an error in form something else is greatly magnified. The reason I practice at these distances is that when an animal comes within the '30 yard' zone you can almost split a hair in his vitals. (That is of course if he doesn't rattle you cage too much)
Old 05-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

HHA single pin slider for me. Started many years ago with 3 pins, then used a 5 pin for a few years, wish I'd had the single pin slider long ago. I have it dialed in out to 70 yards, and I may shoot a critter at that distance someday, or close to it. Already have shot one antelope at 61 yards, and an elk at 51 yards....If a critter at these longer ranges lets me use the rangefinder before taking a shot, it's in grave danger.