Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Mathews Z7 an its monkey tails? >

Mathews Z7 an its monkey tails?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mathews Z7 an its monkey tails?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Z7 an its monkey tails?

I am considering replacing the monkey tails with some other type of silencer. What would you suggest? Has anybody with a Z7 replaced them yet?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't replace mine I just cut them off. I didn't like the way that they looked and I can't tell any difference in the way that my Z7 feels or shoots.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gutshot
I didn't replace mine I just cut them off. I didn't like the way that they looked and I can't tell any difference in the way that my Z7 feels or shoots.

That is what I am considering.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Spike

i dont know too many people that have this bow yet, but the ones i have seen have not had them wear out. is this the same experieince as others as well?
Old 05-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default silencers

Everyone has their personal preferences regarding silencers and i'm no different. I really like the Limbsaver 'Cable' leeches on the flight string. They are smaller than regular leeches and just enough to really dampen the buzz. I also like the Tru-Ball Spyder silencer.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

With the String Supps and the Dead End SS on the Z7..... you won't even notice. My Z7 is still just as quiet with nothing on the string as it was with the Monkeytails. Plus you'll gain a little more speed the less weight you have on your bowstring.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Cornfed is right you won't need any silencer's on the Z7,I don't on my Voyager and the bow is dead quiet!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have already had 2 break off on me while shooting... I do not plan on replacing either...
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

I wrecked a string on my Z and when I replaced it with Vapor Trail strings (nice strings by the way) I did not put the monkey tails back on. As several others have already stated, I didn't really notice much difference without them.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Spike

Out of the 4 that came with my Z7 (3) split in half under 30 releases. I still have one standing and it's lasted 80 shots so far.

As said above it's "still quite" so I will just leave it be when the last one splits off.
Attached Thumbnails Mathews Z7 an its monkey tails?-001.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.