Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shotting ?

Old 04-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Spike

Default shotting ?

i shot a hoyte alphmax ,I am shotting a 4 pin sight I shot dead on from my 20 yard pin and my 30 yard pin but for some reason I shot 4inchs high <yes high >.with my 40 yardd pin if i shoot my 30yard pin at 40yards its is low tried to adjust sight but throws of my20 and 30yard pins i know i could estmate highe to make it work butt rather not do it that way, any suggestions
Old 04-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like you are only moving the gang adjustment on the sight.... that will move ALL FOUR of your pins at once. Which as you noticed will throw your 20 and 30 pins off.

Most sights will have slots on the right hand side (if you are right handed) of the sight housing (round part). You'll notice that there are four small allen head screws that often ride in 3/16" tracks. By slightly loosening each of these in turn, you can slide your pins independant of each other up and down those tracks.

First thing I would do is space your pins out a bit... put your top pin about 5/8 to 3/4 of the way to the top and spread the rest out evenly under them. Go back out and resight your 20 pin moving the WHOLE SIGHT like you have been doing. Once your 20 pin is set... then you need ONLY move the other three pins below the top one. Remember to always follow your arrow....
Old 04-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Spike

ok thanks ill try