Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Fletching?

I have been shooting 4" duravanes and I'm getting ready to fletch a doz. new cx maxama's for this hunting season and was thinking about switching to a 2" vane (blazers or Quikspins)
Which do you use or recommend or should I just stay with the 4"
I fletch the 4" with a jo-jan jig and right helical if I switch to the 2" whats the best method to fletch them?
I have both right helical and straight clamps.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

I would pick the 2" blazers.

I fletch my CX arrows with blazers in a bitz jig with a right helicle.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

You might try the VaneTec, same shape and a lot easier to fletch. Less money, and weight less also.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Blazers are great, they have stable flight and very durable. You will not be disappointed. I use blazers or feathers depending on what bow I'm shooting and what I'm doing with each bow.
You will get a better deal on ebay. I usually buy them a hundred at a time.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have read that if you use the quickspins that you use a straight clamp is that correct?

Thought about trying some of them or some some 2 in. blazers
Old 04-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
I have read that if you use the quickspins that you use a straight clamp is that correct?

I always get hammered for suggesting things (from those that watch too many hunting shows)

I'd shy away from quick spins, the spinning will actually slow down your arrow causing more friction as it travels through the air. There are some out that that love them, but another gimmick. I'd go with the blazers. Just talking from experience, I shot competition for about a million years, and have tried just about everything most given to me to field test.
I highly recommend Blazers.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper

I would geuss they would be like the blazers,and everything I've read says straight with an offset of around 2 deg.
I looked on ebay and you can buy a Bohning blazer-Helix jig for $40 and its designed just for the blazers!
I ordered some blazer vanes and I'm going to fletch straight with an offset!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
I would geuss they would be like the blazers,and everything I've read says straight with an offset of around 2 deg.
I looked on ebay and you can buy a Bohning blazer-Helix jig for $40 and its designed just for the blazers!
I ordered some blazer vanes and I'm going to fletch straight with an offset!
Good move, I have several jigs on blazers I use straight, or 2 degree off set right, but I can't tell the difference, and I shoot out to 75 yards for practice.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3Children
You might try the VaneTec, same shape and a lot easier to fletch. Less money, and weight less also.
I agree, I've shot Blazers for the last several years but have recently switched to the 2" VaneTec HP's and they are going to be my new vane choice... excellent product!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
bigcountry

blazers are great if you have the clearance. most bowtechs have had issues with .5" clearance lately. Especailly my sentinel. I love 3-4" feathers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.