HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   sighting problem??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/32193-sighting-problem.html)

NC_archer 06-23-2003 07:06 PM

sighting problem???

hey guys. it' s my first time posting on here. anyhow...i recently got a PSE firestorm lite and it' s been shooting really great. i' ve probably shot it about 150 times now, but today while i was shooting at about 25 yds. it was shooting about 2 inches left, but dead on at 10 and 15 yds. is this me just shooting bad from further away or is there an explanation for the arrow flight from a longer distance. are my stirings still strecthing or what? i' m not a pro, but i have been shooting for a couple years and i can' t figure this out. thanks.

click 06-23-2003 08:28 PM

RE: sighting problem???

hey there archer good to have you here with us. there is lots of good people with good info here on this board. what part of NC are you from i currently live in Winston Salem but i grew up in Raleigh. anything close to you?
as to your question it could be a couple of things that i can think of but i am sure that is a good reason.
1. it could be that your 25 yard pin needs to be moves to the left to adjust and line up with the others.
2. it could be that you are torqing the bow and have a little bit different release.
3. make sure to check your form and not change a thing from one shot to the next. i know with a new bow it takes a while to get used to the new anchor points, and the feel of the bow so just be patient and keep shooting

welcome to the board

jetblast 06-23-2003 08:44 PM

Welcome NC!

Some other things to look for is:

- canting the bow will cause left and rights. Do you have a level on the sight?
- the arrow rest may need a little adjustment. If you' re sure you are not canting, see how the arrows hit at 25, 35, and 45. If they get progressively further the farther away you shoot, the rest may need adjusting.
- And then the arrow spine can affect things too or fletching contact
- Remember to aim through the shot and don' t play peeky-boo. That could cause you to grab the bow to see where the arrow goes. Good luck and have fun!

NC_archer 06-24-2003 06:33 PM

thanks for the help...i use a whisker buscuit arrow rest and i' ve noticed that one of my flecthings graises the middle string. i' ve tried to figure out how to adjust my nocks without it hittting but with the whisker i can' t have a vain going down bc it will hit there also. i don' t have a level and that probably would help. i' m guessing its the vain hitting and throwing it to left over further distances. should i invest in a different rest? if so what do you suggest?? thanks again.

p.s. CLICK that is an awesome qoute. My version states it differently, but that is definitely an awesome verse. also, i' m originally from salisbury, but i' m a senior at NCSU. go pack!!!

NC_archer 06-24-2003 07:08 PM

CLICK--i know this isn' t a board for this kind of chatting, but we have a farm in davie county, only 20 min. from you. we outta get together and do some hunting this season. email me...i need all the archery advice i can get.

" Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
-- Proverbs 3:5-6