Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
2009 Diamond Black Ice for 450$ brand new. deal or no deal? ....... >

2009 Diamond Black Ice for 450$ brand new. deal or no deal? .......

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

2009 Diamond Black Ice for 450$ brand new. deal or no deal? .......

Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Spike

Default 2009 Diamond Black Ice for 450$ brand new. deal or no deal? .......

hey guys . got a question for you .

i found a dealer thats 5 states away that has a few diamond black ices , 2009 , brand new from the factory. he said he gets the black ices on a discount from bowtech since theyre last years model.

the bows are brand new , with warranty card etc .

i measured my armspan at 68" , so about a 27.5" draw .

he also has some easton EPIC arrows on special since they are from last fall too im assuming : 70$ a dozen cut to spec. but i dont want to get hte arrows from him since i think i need them cut just right , to the proper length

here are my questions to you :

1. is this a good deal on a new 2009 diamond black ice? 450 including shipping and tax free since its out of state ?

2. i am 27.5" draw . and i need to know what shaft length /size to get . i shoot at max poundage, so 70lbs . if i select 28" arrow on the easton site it says an EPIC 340 would do good... but 2 dealers said a 28" arrow with 70lb pull should be 400 , NOT 340 like the site says .
anyways. i just wanted an opinion if the arrow is in the 28" ballpark and 70lb . speed is not my priority as this will be a hunting setup.
the old philosophy was 1" longer than your draw length .

he said he can ship it with whatever module for draw length i need . and if it doesnt work , he can send me the correct one .

thanks in advance
Old 04-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Yes thats a great deal on the black ice bow!Get me one to!!!LOL...
the epic arrows if your gonna shoot 28 or longer shafts with the bow poundage cranked to 70lbs.its always best to get the stiffer ones!Less noise,Easier on the bow,more stability,More weight for your overall arrow weight better penetration,etc,etc.
Good luck,u def will have a nice bow!!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

buy, buy, buy!!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Spike

the dealer also has a dozen easton epics for 70$ precut and everything . i like the deal, but dont know what length to get. im worried that i should just spend 25$ more and get them from a local dealer ONCE i get the bow..

the arrows arent that good of a deal , right? or should i jump on them?
when at gander today , the black ice i shot was adjusted so that when he put an arrow with ruler marks on it, and he asked me to tell him what the measurement was just in front of the handle of the bow.. it was 27.75 ". its not the end of the world if the arrow point insert crosses the 'knuckle line" is it ? i think i should probably just wait on the arrows. . .

what you think?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I saw the same bow selling on Ebay for $550.00, without a birth certificate.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

If you want the arrows have him send them un-cut, your local shop or gander will cut them for a few bucks!
But at $70 a doz. are they the new style? because I bought a doz. of the Epic old style to use for ground hogs from camofire.com a few months back for $42 a doz. and i've seen them offer them for that price several times!

And that sounds like a great deal on the Bow,for that price I would have to consider buying my first Diamond!

Last edited by wvnimrod; 04-13-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Spike

i think they are the 2009 arrows since they were on closeout he said . ill just wait then on the arrows. i like that camofire! i saved it for future reference... just like slickdeals.net .
Old 04-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Spike

well guys , i pulled the trigger. its being shipped out ! tax free, 450$ shipped . i told him i didnt know if im either a 27" or 27.5" draw length , so hes sending me both modules.. and just told me to mail whatever one i dont need back . .
that was nice . ..
Old 04-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely a GOOD DEAL, I almost talked myself into one as well.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Spike

thats an awesome deal! i do know a place where one can be had brand new in the box, shipped to your door for $415.

awesome bow. one of my all time favorites.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.