Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Help with my z7

Old 04-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help with my z7

Well ive been shooting my z7 some and ive noticed a clicking in the cam and a popping in the limb turret. The click happens a couple inches into the draw and the popping happens after you draw and letdown/shoot and you can move the limb up and down and it will pop. It was popping on the top turrret and my dealer switched the turrets and now the bottom pops. Also when i sent to show him the click in the cam it didnt click. It would click everytime when i drawed the bow at home but once i got to the shop it didnt click so my dealer has no idea what to do about it, but i promise you there is something going on there but i just cant figure it out. Thats why im turning to you guys for help, what should i have my shop look at when i go back? Also he already sanded the qcc's and that didnt help one bit. So any advice would be greatly appriciated.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

i'd send back to Mathews.. contact them directly.. sounds like a defect of some kind.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well i just went out and shot some and it dosent click while shooting. It only clicks after your draw the bow a couple times without shooting an arrow. And i cant get the turret to pop anymore so IDK what to think now.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Fork Horn

Like stated above, your best bet would be to contact Mathews directly. Maybe they have run across this before. You invested in a nice piece of equipment, mine as well make sure everything is 100% now
Old 04-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take it from a dealer.... contacting Mathews directly will only get you pointed to your nearest dealer. Thats kind of the idea after all.

The clicking you are hearing is coming from the yoke bushings. That is, the plastic pieces over the end of your idler (top) axle.

What you need to do is press the bow and remove those bushings. Take a very light greese (we use Penn Muscle Grease, designed for Penn Fishing Reels at our shop) and lightly coat the inside of both of those yoke bushings. Your click will go away. I don't know exactly what causes it, but I do know that fixes it 100% of the time in my experience (this assuming we are talking about the same issue).

With your limb turrets... historically there are two sets of limb/pivot combinations with slim limb bows... there are 1s and 2s. You will know which you have by the number of dimples on your limb pockets. doesn't matter which you have, BUT your limbs and your pockets MUST match. If your dealer flipped them, (I am assuming he knows what he is doing) then he might have swapped the wrong one or something.

Not entirely sure I understand your situation... is there a slight pop or rub on your cable as it comes into the valley? There was an issue with a few 09 Drenalins and Reezens that did this. Only option for a fix was to replace the limbs and pockets... 100% covered under warranty.

If you do call Mathews... and if they entertain you... speak to Bob in the warranty department... super nice guy and a freakin' genius when it comes to the bows he works on. Whatever issue, concern or noise you might have... he has seen it all, heard it all and knows how to fix it all.

One way or another, you'll get taken care of.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take it from another Mathews dealer. What SwampCollie said is spot on.

Thanks for saving me from all the typing.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome post SC! That's great help
Old 04-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SwampCollie
Take it from a dealer.... contacting Mathews directly will only get you pointed to your nearest dealer. Thats kind of the idea after all.

The clicking you are hearing is coming from the yoke bushings. That is, the plastic pieces over the end of your idler (top) axle.

What you need to do is press the bow and remove those bushings. Take a very light greese (we use Penn Muscle Grease, designed for Penn Fishing Reels at our shop) and lightly coat the inside of both of those yoke bushings. Your click will go away. I don't know exactly what causes it, but I do know that fixes it 100% of the time in my experience (this assuming we are talking about the same issue).

With your limb turrets... historically there are two sets of limb/pivot combinations with slim limb bows... there are 1s and 2s. You will know which you have by the number of dimples on your limb pockets. doesn't matter which you have, BUT your limbs and your pockets MUST match. If your dealer flipped them, (I am assuming he knows what he is doing) then he might have swapped the wrong one or something.

Not entirely sure I understand your situation... is there a slight pop or rub on your cable as it comes into the valley? There was an issue with a few 09 Drenalins and Reezens that did this. Only option for a fix was to replace the limbs and pockets... 100% covered under warranty.

If you do call Mathews... and if they entertain you... speak to Bob in the warranty department... super nice guy and a freakin' genius when it comes to the bows he works on. Whatever issue, concern or noise you might have... he has seen it all, heard it all and knows how to fix it all.

One way or another, you'll get taken care of.
I trust my dealer 100% and i remember him taking to the tech on the phone and they were taking about the dimples on the pocket, so im sure they match. One small thing i over looked and obviously my dealer overlooked. The limb bolts were bottomed out all the way without them being backed off a 1/4 turn. Could this be the problem?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
I trust my dealer 100% and i remember him taking to the tech on the phone and they were taking about the dimples on the pocket, so im sure they match. One small thing i over looked and obviously my dealer overlooked. The limb bolts were bottomed out all the way without them being backed off a 1/4 turn. Could this be the problem?

I have never known it to be. Doesn't mean it ain't so.

Glad you have a good dealer who is putting the time in to get you right. May well come to just replacing the lot of it.... no matter how great a bow or how staunch the QC of a company, things like this happen... I have seen it with literally every single outdoor company.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i went through a 3d shoot today without a single pop or anything from the turrets or the cam, she seems to be running smoothly now, thanks everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.