Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
paper tuning my mathews z7 >

paper tuning my mathews z7

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

paper tuning my mathews z7

Old 02-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Spike

Default paper tuning my mathews z7

I just paper tuned my z7 today and I noticed that for me to get a perfect bullet hole in the paper I had to move my arrow rest in really close to the riser which made my arrow shaft be way off center I also noticed that it would still sometimes make a bad tear in the direction in which I would need to move the rest in to the riser after I was done I sighted in with field points and then went to fixed blade broad heads and I was not pleased with the point of impact compared to the field points the broad head where 5 inches right at 30 yards what might be causing these problems and how could I correct them thanks for the help
Old 02-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Start over and try "walk back tuning".... I'd nearly promise you that your b-heads will shoot with your feld points.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

You didn't spec out the shafts you are using nor the bhs and what length. Try different weights on the tip, length of the arrow or less weight in the back. Bring your foc up maybe!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Have a few other people shoot the bow through paper and see if they get the same tear you do. That will tell you if it is something you are doing or something with the set up.