HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Replacing Strings and Cables (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/316380-replacing-strings-cables.html)

marshall9779 02-01-2010 10:59 AM

Replacing Strings and Cables

I will be replacing the string and cable on my Bear Instinct bow in the next couple months. I am leaning toward Winner's Choice strings. Would I be making a good choice or should I go with something different? What are your reccomendations? Where would be the best place to order them from? I am looking at NAS or Keyston Country Store.

Big John 02-01-2010 12:24 PM

Winners Choise is one of the top brands going, you'll do OK by using them. I've put hundreds of them on bows with no problems.

bigcountry 02-01-2010 02:24 PM

I like winners choice. Lots of good choices out there. Vaportrail too.

kwilson16 02-01-2010 02:46 PM

Winner's Choice makes a heck of a string. The quality is obvious in appearance and at the range. You absolutely cannot go wrong with WC.

However, I just put a set of Vapor Trails on a friend's bow and they are nearly equal in quality for about half the price - if price is a consideration.

http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/aboutus.asp

3Children 02-01-2010 03:04 PM

Winners choice has two to choose from the ok and the custom. The ok is not ok against mine. Mine being better, and a lot less $, but the custom is too expensive. At over 100.00 a set you are better off getting the VT strings, your choice of colors and you can call if you have any problems and CS will help.

OHbowhntr 02-01-2010 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 3Children (Post 3567819)
Winners choice has two to choose from the ok and the custom. The ok is not ok against mine. Mine being better, and a lot less $, but the custom is too expensive. At over 100.00 a set you are better off getting the VT strings, your choice of colors and you can call if you have any problems and CS will help.

My VT's were hands down better than my WC strings, AND cheaper!!! :happy0001:

natimage 02-01-2010 06:37 PM

I put VaporTrails on my Bear Lights Out, and it was by far the best upgrade I've done to that bow...you'll realize how poor the factory strings are when you put a VT on!

marshall9779 02-02-2010 05:59 AM

Thanks for the input. Both Winner's Choice and Vapor Trail make the same claims. I think I may go with Vapor Trails for the cost. My original string is getting a little fuzzy looking in one spot and the serving where it rides the cam is getting worn through. I am looking forward to going to a tubeless peep with the new setup.

How many shots should it take for the new string to be completely set and not have to worry about peep rotation? After the string install I may take a few shots without the peep installed and make sure it's broke in before I get them to install the peep.

natimage 02-02-2010 10:12 AM

I literally took 4 shots before the peep was installed, had it installed and I've been golden every since with my Vapor trails. Because of going with the new string and tubeless peep I also gained 15fps and got rid of that noise with the tube. I think you'll be really happy with the Vapors and tubeless peep. There are a couple tricks you can in an emergency if you draw back and your peep isn't aligned though.

If you're hunting and it's not aligned when you draw back, stay at full draw and just use your nose to nudge it a little into alignment. I haven't used mine for hunting yet since I just got the string put on about a month ago but I haven't had any rotation and I shoot several times a week.

MeanV2 02-02-2010 06:19 PM

I have used, and sold VaporTrails for about 3 years now. Top notch Quality.

I am currently running a special on them including your choice of color, halo serving, and free shipping.:happy0001:

Dan