Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Replacing Strings and Cables >

Replacing Strings and Cables

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Replacing Strings and Cables

Old 02-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Vapor Trail is superior to Zebra.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Spike

Thanks Kevin
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Fork Horn

I got my bow back on Saturday from getting my new Vapor Trail string and cable put on. I also installed an Octane Hostage Pro rest and took off the Biscuit. I went to a tubless peep as well. I am drawing 60lbs @ 28". I shot one across the chrono at the shop and was a little diapointed. I am shooting a 27" Beman ICS hunter weighing 370gr and only got 249fps. I was hoping for about 260fps.
String and cable seems really good. I took her home and shot some. It only took about 20 shots before I had to quit twisting the peep. I am not sure the center shot is good since my sight pins are way left of visual line of the string and arrow. My next step will be paper tuning. It was grouping okay, but I was getting tired after trying to get my pins set again. The first two I shot at the shop at 10yds were touching though.
I like the Hostage Pro rest so far from my initial impression.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Vapor Trails are always top notch as is their customer service should you need to use it.

I am always running some sort of specials on them. If anyone needs a price feel free to PM, email, or give me a call.

Dan
Old 03-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

What does Vapor Trail do different that makes their strings so superior over Barracuda and WorldsBestStrings? I am interested in knowing.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just ordered some from bucknasty. near as good as winners choice but 70 bucks for mine instead of 110.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

I am not bashing Vapor Trail Strings but I wanted to know why are their strings so more superior to Barracuda's or Allan at WorldsBestStrings? curious
Old 03-23-2010, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Vapor Trails are always top notch as is their customer service should you need to use it.
+

Originally Posted by Big John
I've put hundreds of them on bows with no problems.
+

Originally Posted by kwilson16
However, I just put a set of Vapor Trails on a friend's bow and they are nearly equal in quality to WC for about half the price - if price is a consideration.
+

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
My VT's were hands down better than my WC strings, AND cheaper!!!
+
Originally Posted by natimage
I put VaporTrails on my Bear Lights Out, and it was by far the best upgrade I've done to that bow...you'll realize how poor the factory strings are when you put a VT on!
VT makes strings (for less $) that compare favorably to WC - which is the industry standard. They will resist stretching and subsequent peep rotation far longer than Zebra.

Never heard of worldsbeststrings. Might be good...

Last edited by kwilson16; 03-23-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Most custom string makers use BCY 452X for their strings and cables. It's a very stable material that has very little stretch if made correctly. The only negative that i've ever heard anyone give about 452X is it frays quickly. Keep the string waxed and it'll last a long time!

I'm gonna add another maker to the mix Joe at Wicked1Strings makes a VERY good string! He has a one year unconditional warranty and will make sure you are happy with his product. He does not use BCY materials now. He's switched to Brownells materials. Mainly the new AstroFlight, Xcel, and a concoction he calles Wicked1 Blend. It's top secret stuff, james bond type stuff, won't even tell me how it's spun.........

Reason he uses the Brownells products is he feels they make a better string. Nothing against BCY.

You can reach him through his classified ad here:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/arch...s-revised.html
Old 03-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Instinct

Just got a string and cable set for my Instinct....$38. Put them on myself.
Attached Thumbnails Replacing Strings and Cables-new-setup-002.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.