Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 tritium sight pin >

tritium sight pin

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tritium sight pin

Old 06-12-2003, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default tritium sight pin

What is the advantage and/or disadvantage of using a tritium pin instead of a regular fiber optic? How do these things work?
Old 06-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: tritium sight pin

There' s probably not much difference in the tritium and the new fiber optic pins. I started using the tritium pins around ' 97 and I now have Savage' s Nite hawk pin which is fiber optic with a tritium power source. To date it has never been TOO bright and is always ON when I need it. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the 90degree fine dot tritium single pin and have never had a problem. They are guaranteed for 5 years and i' ve had several and have never had one that didn' t last as long as they are suppose to. With the tritium there is no battery to fail or no need to worry about the light fading because the tritium is always glowing. The glow is a dim glow and not to bright. I would recommend a tritium sight to anyone no matter what type sight it is.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:02 PM

Same here. I only use 1 pin so I recently purchased the Tru-Glo titanium pin. It is perfect not too bright not too dim. I like the fact that it' s always on and never needs batteries.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

One disadvantage is that Tritium is radioactive.[]
Charlie
Old 06-17-2003, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

True that Trebark. Don' t eat it or stick it between your legs!!

I was at camp a couple of weeks ago setting a friend up with my 3rd bow when I got bored and decided to shoot. It was ~10:30 at night and I could faintly see the bag target 20 yards behind the camper. I was steadily thumping the target due to the tritium tru-glo sight. Without that pin I would have never shot an arrow in those conditions.