Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Rage two blade heads >

Rage two blade heads

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rage two blade heads

Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Spike

I just shot a buck and cut through 3 ribs and that will be the same arrow that kills my next deer! "Rage are like throwing an axe at a deer!" People quit using them because of how gory the aftermath is, now how do you argue with that!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

I know of noone that stop using them due to the bath. I have seen post after post of how many deer lost due to poor penatration, deflected shooting angle shots, broken blades, no blood, and a handful of other reasons about these heads. I have two questions, one:why use them if you have a higher percentage of losing the deer than with a fixed? Two:how many of you pratice with the actual blade you are going to hunt with-not a pratice blade?!!! Like Wilson I shoot the tricks, I have more kills than most have shot at animals. When I started counting and making notes, good thing to do. I had shot 15deer with the same bh(slick trick) and same arrow,(axis) all pass throughs. When that arrow was broke when the arrow passed through hit a tree I had lost both, and started my next. I have 6deer with this one and this last one was at an angle, frontal, the arrow went through the front sholder, sliced 1/4" rib bone, and broke the upper part of the femur bone then stuck in the dirt. I would not trust any mechanical to do that, with the exception of the spitfire!? I don't know!!! Sorry about the rant!! I just see to many post of lost deer due to these heads.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used mechs for years with no problems but the Rage is a different beast which I am unhappy with!!

I know it's each to his own but I found/find the locking system very fickle and even a slight bump can unseat a blade. It's just one more thing to think about and it cost me a deer this year. I made sure the blades were locked in place when I sat but NOT prior to taking the shot. My fault of course.

They "maybe" over priced and have a long list of celebrities and advertisers to support. It's also not a head that will take many practice shots not that the blades I practice with ever get fired at a deer.

Deadly?? Yes but just not for me. The most deadly head is the one you have confidence in.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Spike

yea i know, I didnt say it compared to a deer, but its just nice to know how well a broadhead is made if your gonna spend the money.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the things after hearing all the hype a year or so ago. Shot at 4 deer with them, recovered 4 deer. 3 of the 4 dropped within sight. Those were the ones that I did not get a pass thru on. The one that I did get a pass thru with left a fine trail to follow. Thats more than I can say for the fixed blades I switched from. I am not blaming the heads, but I have had a few hits with fixed blades that left little to no blood and no recovered animal. I have not had any problems with rage heads opening prematurely or breaking during use (with the exception of one bent blade that was firmly embeded in a spine). I have confidence in the heads and will continue to use them. Maybe if I experience some failures I'll change my mind, but so far I have a pretty good track record with them.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Glad everyone likes the rage!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jaywalker
Glad everyone likes the rage!!!
Not exactly!

I bought the 2 blade about two years ago. I didn't like them because they were too sensitive. Now I hunt from a blind and everytime I bumped the arrow, the broadhead would start to open up. The same thing would happen everytime I would pull one from the quiver. I sold the damn things.

I don't shoot mech. blades much. I usually shoot Slick Tricks that I get from Dan. I did buy the new Epek XC-3 last year and I like that broadhead MUCH better than the Rages!!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ed McDonald
I have seen the video before . I don't compare a deer to a rusty steel barrel . No problem with the Rage 2 .........
Barrles don't eat too good. I have used the 2 blade Rages for the past couple seasons and have no complaints. Have recovered 4 deer within 40 yards of where I got a complete pass through.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by The Bear Truth
I just shot a buck and cut through 3 ribs and that will be the same arrow that kills my next deer! "Rage are like throwing an axe at a deer!" People quit using them because of how gory the aftermath is, now how do you argue with that!
Uh!! That wasn't the reason the guys tell me they quit

I can't quit! I never started!

Dan
Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Spike

throphy ridge meat seakers is all i got to say!!! they dont open in the quiver and the rage sometimes dont open at certain angles look up the throphy ridge meat seaker up. They claim to be better than the rage