Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
MZE w/ Hoyt "Tech" bows >

MZE w/ Hoyt "Tech" bows

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

MZE w/ Hoyt "Tech" bows

Old 01-25-2002, 03:05 PM

Default MZE w/ Hoyt "Tech" bows

I purchased a MZE a few weeks ago and learned I needed a Hoyt plate to install it. I called Muzzy up and they sent me the plate. Well, I didn't receive any instructions on how to install the plate, but it looks like to me, most of the hardware for the overdraw can now be discarded. I called Muzzy today for some tech assistance, however they were on a road trip somewhere. Are there any of you Hoyt users with the MZE that can tell me exactly how to install this plate? I wish Muzzy would of included directions for it.

Jim
Old 01-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: MZE w/ Hoyt "Tech" bows

I wish I could help you DW, but I am still waiting for the plate for mine.

Len probably could have given you a hint or two but he, and most of the others, are probably at the AMO show now....
Old 01-25-2002, 04:01 PM

PA

Most likely where the guys from Muzzy are at also. Oh well, if I don't get any assistance here I will probably take a stab at it tomorrow. BTW, have a can of black spray paint handy before you get your plate. My plate was the color of the older style Hoyts (the gold colored).
Old 01-25-2002, 08:35 PM

dalliwacker
You are right you will not use any of the overdraw plates. All you need to do is use the plate Muzzy sent you,bolt it to the riser with the stud provided with rest.Bolt the draw stop plate to it then set it up just like instructions.I cant remember which holes to use on the arm ,you have to do a trial fit before cutting anything.I think it was the innermost of the 3 mounting holes and innermost of the 2 rest fork mounting holes.You just have to get rest arm to miss the riser.Just one thing i have seen with the muzzy on the hoyts ,is the rest fork comes down so far it sometimes will hit you in the top of the hand on so models.Also make sure the arm assembly lines up good with the roller slide. Some hoyts i have seen need a replacement cable guide that is bent to get everything to line up.

Hope this helps.
e-mail me if you have any questions or if i confused you. RANDY
Old 01-27-2002, 08:21 PM

Randy

Thanks for the reply. I spent quite a few hours installing the MZE on my bow Saturday. The new plate was not difficult at all to install. Although I've run into problems with trying to get the rest to perfectly fit. I am wondering if it isn't because of my draw length I am having such a hard time...26 1/2 draw. I had to put a spacer on the mounting bolt to get the arm to line up with the cable slide, and so the tip of the arm would clear two hex screws that go to my sight. The V-hook does not drop that low at all. I've cut the arm to the point where it is only about 1 - 1 1/2" long. I don't think it is suppose to be that short. I am getting a slight left tear in my paper tuning, but I cannot move the rest any further to the right or else my arrow fletchings will hit the riser. Oh well, I guess I'll give the tech guys a call tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.