Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Ripcord drop-away >

Ripcord drop-away

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Ripcord drop-away

Old 01-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

Ripcords are great if you get them set-up "perfectly" and the forks are kept up off the shelf so they don't bounce back up.
They do not have the same technology as the QAD so they work differently and will not stay up on let-down.
I have had 2 Ripcords, I won't say they are bad but, I switched to QADs and there was no fletching contact (how ever minor it was) or any tuning issues at all.

I did hear the new 'Red" 2010 Ripcords are suppose to have fixed the issues though.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

If I understand you correctly, your vane is leaving marks on the plastic containment arm when it passes through it. My rip-cord is a couple of years old and I fixed that same problem without making changes to my nock point. I lowered the elevation of the rest assembly on my bow by about 1/4" - 3/8" , removed the containment arm from the metal pen and then drilled two new holes in the plastic containment arm (very carefully) so that 1), the arrow was held at the same elevation as before, and 2) when the arrow released, the drop-away fell 1/4" lower than before. So basically, with respect to the rest, it holds the arrow higher than it did before. I know that some models already had 4 holes drilled into the containment arm and some had only two. Mine only had 2 holes to begin with. I don't have any problems with it now. Works perfectly.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

LOVE my Ripcord. Never had an arrow fall off even when letting down, the arrow generally stays in the forks of the rest.