Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Shooting a single pin adjustable w/ a scope...??? >

Shooting a single pin adjustable w/ a scope...???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shooting a single pin adjustable w/ a scope...???

Old 12-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting a single pin adjustable w/ a scope...???

Not real sure about any of this but I got it at a "pretty good deal" so I'm toying with it. It's amazing what a 4x scope will do for letting you see the target, that's for damned sure, but w/ a sure-loc style sight, can I manually mark it to the distances, or should I get a sight tape printed, for the speed I'm shooting, and use it that way??? Never had anything like this before, but it's peaked my interest a little, and I figured I'd give it a go.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a single pin and I just put a piece of white tape on it, cut to fit nicely. Then I sight in at 20 yds and put a dot on it with a pen or fine point marker, and do that for 30 yds , 40 yds etc.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
I use a single pin and I just put a piece of white tape on it, cut to fit nicely. Then I sight in at 20 yds and put a dot on it with a pen or fine point marker, and do that for 30 yds , 40 yds etc.
I do similar. I draw a line on the tape for each yardage out to 60 yards, in five yard increments. Yes, I could get computer program that would print out the yardage tape, but I enjoy shooting my bows so I like to sight in by hand.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BGfisher
I do similar. I draw a line on the tape for each yardage out to 60 yards, in five yard increments. Yes, I could get computer program that would print out the yardage tape, but I enjoy shooting my bows so I like to sight in by hand.
Best of both worlds here...

I buy the lancaster yardage tapes that are pre-made...

If you can make a 60 adn a 20, or further(even better) you will be dead on anywhere between that...

I have had a few discrepencies at 90-100 yards, but hey, they do the trick for most realistic ranges
Old 12-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Probably what I'm gonna do, I got it marked for 20-30, just tinkering, but haven't had enough time to really tweak yet.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

I cut a peice of white tape and mark a my yardage in 5 yrd. increments with a dot,then I do alot of shooting to determine where I need to set my pin to cover multiple yardage,I've found that I can shoot at 15-20-25 yards when I set my pin at 20 yards and I'm 1/2"high,dead on and 1" low I then highlite that area on the tape, I then do the same for 25-30-35 yards,I have found that in order to be no more than 1" high or 1" low you may have to set your sight on an odd yardage, mine set dead on at 32 yards will cover 25-35 yards I then highlite that area a differant color, and remark the the yardage that I need to be on to cover those ranges with a full dark line. I will try and get a pic and put on here! but I found that hunting with the single pin is great and this helps me be able to set my sight and know I can make as clean shot,also I cover the white tape with clear tape after I have everything set to prevent any smugging of the marks!