Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Tuning with Arrow Length >

Tuning with Arrow Length

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuning with Arrow Length

Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 AM
bigcountry

1/4" is just too fine of adjustment. Unless your shooting alums and traditional shooting. The spine spread alone over 12 arrows is usually more than that unless your lucky or they are aluminum. You also have that problem of the insert being 1" or so.

Best you can do is get arrows 2" longer than they should be. do you adjustments, and shoot for a while. Cut an inch off and do it again.

You can use bare shaft but I have recently ran into issues doing this due to excessive cam lean which always made the arrows appear to be fly too stiff. This is where its handy to have different sets of arrows laying around.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Run a program, OnTarget2 or Archer's Advantage, and see where it plots you for spine, arrow length, and tip weight, BH tune with that arrow/set-up, if you can make BH's hit w/ FP's at 20-25yds, you oughta be good, walk it back to 40-45yds, and see how close they are. If they are still pretty close, then you're tuned about as good as you're gonna be. I won't shoot through paper, because for me it's a WASTE of time, I set the bow up, do a quick walk-back tune, and screw on some BH's and shoot 'em, making the fine adjustments needed to get everything where it's supposed to be. You're making it harder than it needs to be!!!! Don't put yourself through unneeded pains in the arse if you don't need to!!!!