Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Peeps! Peeps! Peeps! Need advice! >

Peeps! Peeps! Peeps! Need advice!

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peeps! Peeps! Peeps! Need advice!

Old 01-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The G5 meta is a great peep sight, I would stay away from the tube type peeps, just for the fact that it can break while hunting, then your hunt is done
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Fork Horn

I would give the Loc o Peep Whisper a try! I have 2 (one on my wife's bow) and they are awesome!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another tubeless peep often overlooked, but quite interesting is called Predator Peep. Do a Google search.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Spike

The G5 meta peep is awesome I have used them work great every time. But now I'm using the shurz-a-peep works awesome For hunting
Old 02-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Favorite Peeps

I really like the RAD Maxim 38 with the tubing post cut off, the angled cutout lets in plenty of light unlike the Predator, Loc-a-Peep and circular type peeps.

I also like the String Splitter Micro

Of course this option requires you to ditch the tubing. It also requires a little maintenance such as fine tuning the peep by adding a twist or two to the string or splitting the string around the peep. Already have a bowpress? Experienced enough to fine tune your peep if necessary?

If not i'd stick with the tubing and go with the RAD Maxim 38 it has a smaller post for 'Micro' tubing and is a little quieter than the standard diameter tubing.

Last edited by sixgunluvr; 02-06-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you don't have a set of Quality strings on your bow, then get some! They are one of the best investments you can make.

The only peeps I will use or recommend are:
1. G5 Meta Peep (blue)

2. Fletcher Tru-Peep (black)

3. Redeye Peep (red) This is a peep I have just started stocking and although my experience is limited they Look Sweet!

Dan