HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   New Bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/31262-new-bow.html)

buckkilla 06-05-2003 11:40 PM

New Bow

I am basically looking for a bow that is no shorter than 33 inches that has a fairly good brace height and very good cams, It must also be fairly fast.
Some of the Bows I' m considering are
BowTech Patriot
Hoyt CyberTec Or RazorTec
Matthews Legacy
Matthews LX
If anyone else can reccomend any other bows for my to try out Perferably made by Hoyt BowTech or Matthews.
Thanks for the help
Buckkilla

Big Country 06-06-2003 03:06 AM

RE: New Bow

Looks like you got all the top of the line bows from those manufacturers.

Now go shoot some and see which one you like the best.

parker1 06-06-2003 07:12 PM

I really like my Parker Ul 31 but you want at least 33" so check out the UL35 from parker or the new easydraw 33 model. Of course the bows that you listed are top notch as well. You will have to shoot them all if possible and pick the one that fits and feels the best to you.

Orions_Bow 06-07-2003 07:14 AM

Out of the new bows I have seen this year I like the following the best Boetech Extreme VFT, Mathews LX, and the PSE Nitro with the Dual Cams. The Hoyts are nice too but I just don' t like the riser but that is just a personal thing - the bows are first class. I also liked the looks of the AR stuff whne I saw it at the ATA show, looks really nice & well made.

BOWFANATIC 06-07-2003 07:19 AM

Why limit yourself to only three bow manufacturers? Your only cheating yourself! There are alot of great bows out there!

Jacko 06-07-2003 07:58 AM

Like Bowfanatic said, why limit yourself. I haven' t really found a bad bow yet just bad service. Check them all out. I shoot Parkers, fast and light. I hunt with a Renegade, smooth and quiet and made in Wisconsin. I also so like the Mthews Q2XL and the Bowtech Pro 40 dually. Also had the chance to check the cam and a 1/2 Hoyt' s out at a shoot a couple of weeks ago. They were also nice. The best part is, you can go out, shoot them all and find the one. You' ll know it when you find it. Every bow has different charicteristics. Shoot um all!

Buck Magnet 06-07-2003 09:09 AM

Like the others said, there is no reason to limit yourself. Most people limit themselves to the " name brand" bow but that doesn' t always mean that it is the best quality/fit bow for them.

Now, as of the bows you are looking at, the RazorTec and Patriot stand out, with the Legacy right behind. The LX has a shorter brace height and you said yourself that you want something with a bigger brace height.

Check out a bunch of different bows, Mathew, Hoyt, BowTech, Darton, Browning, PSE, AR, Parker, Alpine, High Country, Golden Eagle, Jennings, BuckMasters, Martin, Champion, Pearson, Reflex, ect... and see which one fits you the best.

This year I was searching for my bow, and I thought that I had it all figured out. I thought that I was just going to test a bunch of bows, and that I would like the Hoyt RazorTec the best and buy it, well, that didn' t happen. It was very close to being my bow, but, a BowTech MightyMite beat it out. I was looking at the BowTechs but not as seriously as the Hoyts. I let the feel of the bow dictate which one I bought and the BowTech screamed " shoot me" so thats why I choose it.

Remember, the deer don' t care what brand bow is used to kill them, and you shouldn' t either. Get a bow that you like and that feels the best for you, and don' t care what others say, because they don' t matter when you are arrowing a 190" class typical 14 point :D