Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Jo-Jan Jig Question >

Jo-Jan Jig Question

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Jo-Jan Jig Question

Old 12-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Jo-Jan Jig Question

I have a jo-jan fletching jig that I have owned for 25yrs or more I have a straight and right helical clamp and was wondering if the helical clamps have changed over the years? looks like the twist rate will be way to much for carbon shafts! I have been out of bow hunting for awhile and just got back into it so just wondering If anyone could tell me should I fletch helical or straight offset for broadheads on carbon shafts? I know most carbon arrows bought allready fletched are straight offset would I gain anything by going helical?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

I put as much helical as i can get and still have good contact with the shaft. That has worked the best for me to stabilize the arrow quicker and tighten up my groups.