HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Octane stuff (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/311348-octane-stuff.html)

thatmichhunter 12-02-2009 07:03 AM

Octane stuff

Iv never used it but they seem REALLY proud of their stuff, i was just wondering ifanyone has used it and if they thought it was worth it

ozbowhunter 12-02-2009 08:47 AM

i have found all octane products excellent quality and well made sometimes a little pricey but very nice products

thatmichhunter 12-02-2009 09:33 AM

have you used the sights? if so how do you feel about pin brightness in low light or ground blinds?

ozbowhunter 12-02-2009 11:01 AM

the sight is great the nxs is well made and the pins are bright and the enclosed light does help when needed

3Children 12-02-2009 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter (Post 3517593)
the sight is great the nxs is well made and the pins are bright and the enclosed light does help when needed

I will not stock those, there is a lot of sights out there that give you plenty of light, or use a light attachment or the trinumim site. For the money some items are just out there. Some items seem to be great quality others I'm not sure of.

ozbowhunter 12-03-2009 01:17 AM

i found with the micro adjument system on it to be better then alot of the others and i have tried plenty

ranu888 01-06-2010 02:36 AM

The extras that you can put on your car? The likes of louvers and shag carpet, tiddly knobs and flick switches. Radio head set units and cbs. Roll cages; Roll Bars; Sway Bars and Clay bars. Stuff like that. This history of what cars started the phase or where they started from and ended up in. Should someone have the information to make that viabable...

Mike L 01-07-2010 06:06 PM

I use the quiver and the hostage pro rest. Excellent quality. The hostage pro rest you will see a lot reveiws about the brushes wearing out. This arrow rest is not really made for a lot of target shooting, mostly for hunting. I fletched my arrows so they were 120 degrees with no helical, I have no problem with arrow flight when shooting broads or field tips out to 40 yards. Any farther then that I need a 2 degree helical to help with arrow flight but It does wear the brushes a lot faster. I only shoot father than 40 in some tournaments. I shoot 200-300 arrows a week and I replace the brushes maybe 3 times a year. I hope this will give some insight on the rest.

IL-Cornfed 01-08-2010 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter (Post 3517465)
i have found all octane products excellent quality and well made sometimes a little pricey but very nice products

I totally agree, their products are excellent quality. I've set-up their Hostage rest on my sons bow and their stabilizer and both are excellent products. My father uses their quiver and it's as good as ANY I've ever seen, I really like the magnet top to hold b-heads solidly!

kldad06 01-08-2010 07:36 PM

What is the best for ground blinds? Does the octane sight make a difference? I mean the most critical here is the first 20 min and the last 20 min. In a ground blind I haven't come across any that are what I would call great but I haven't used any of the octane sights.

thatmichhunter 01-12-2010 06:01 AM

on the two piece quiver how well do they hold arrows? (noise at shot, vibration,) with the magnts

thatmichhunter 01-20-2010 11:45 PM

ttt ttt ttt

mez 01-21-2010 08:34 AM

I really like the stabilizer and the quivers. Have not used their rests or sight.

The magnets hold the broadheads very well. I have not used the two piece but used the 1 piece magnetized hood for two years. Your arrows will not fall out, move around, or make any noise at all. The magnets are very strong, they will actually pull the broadhead into the hood when you get them about an inch away. You can put them in the hood and not snap the shaft in and shake the bow and they won't fall out. I had the quiver on an 82nd and never had any vibration or noise.

The big downfall, and why I no longer use the magnetic hood is weight. They are heavy with the magnet. Very noticeable difference when they are on the bow. I don't like to shoot with a quiver so when deer hunting, no big deal, I took it off. When antelope hunting and stalking it was just too heavy. Weighed enough it changed my point of impact when I shot with it on.

I switched to their Bantamweight quiver and love it because of the adjustibility, how close it sits to the bow and the weight.

MeanV2 01-23-2010 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by thatmichhunter (Post 3553041)
on the two piece quiver how well do they hold arrows? (noise at shot, vibration,) with the magnts

I have used this Quiver and it is a Quality unit as are all the Octane Accessories. It holds the arrows solid, quiet, does not cause any vibration. It also has a nice quick disconnect for a 2 pc quiver.

My favorites in the Octane line are the Stabilizers, Hostage Pro (I have one setup on my wife's bow) and the Bantam Weight Quiver. It is very Lightweight and all the Adjustability is a Big Plus for me.

Dan

KIDD642 01-29-2010 01:24 PM

Octane

All Octane is the highest of quality. And they do not want to sacrifice it. SO much so That the Octane sight was not produced this year and will be re-engineered in the future. The tolerances are so precise that production was tough to keep in the quality as well as function. Octane is looking forward to 2011 for new sight products.

As for the quivers etc. they are awesome. like meanv stated the Hostage pro rest kicks a$$. and the magnetic quivers are sweet also.

Ben / PA 01-29-2010 06:56 PM

I only have experience with the one piece quivers. I love them, but I can't really attest to how they shoot on the bow, I take mine off at the stand. They hold arrows well though. I also use the stabilizers and very much like them too.

jaywalker 01-30-2010 10:38 AM

Thankyou for the info, it was a great post!

deerdart 02-04-2010 06:21 AM

i was using the limb saver coil stabilizer and i swithched to the octane stabilizer and my arrow grouping was ALOT tighter :happy0001:

longbeard_chaser 07-09-2010 06:44 PM

I use the stabilizer, Hostage pro, & the 1 piece quiver.
All of the Octane stuff is among the best out there.
The quiver shoots great on the bow no extra noise or vibration if you have the tension nob adjusted properly. (Don't know if tension knob is the correct term.) I usually practice with the quiver on the last month before the season starts. Never can tell when you might walk up on the deer of a lifetime. No time to take the quiver off then.

The Rev 07-10-2010 08:03 AM

Octane makes good stuff, except for the strings and cables, of course I replace all factory strings and cables anyway.

Ancient Archer 07-11-2010 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter (Post 3517465)

I agree based on having the Octane stabilzer and having "looked" at their other products.